Re: [BioGPS] Question Regarding your Gene Correlation

Message has been deleted

Andrew Su

Jul 30, 2016, 7:41:18 PM7/30/16
to BioGPS
Dear Colin,

The computed correlation value is a Pearson correlation.  As you probably know, you can convert that correlation to a p-value based on the number of samples (which depends on the data set you are looking at) and something like this Table D:

http://webstat.une.edu.au/unit_materials/c6_common_statistical_tests/test_signif_pearson.html

Glad you are finding BioGPS useful!

Best,
-andrew

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 6:53 PM, Colin Sperring <coli...@umich.edu> wrote:
Hello,

First, your site is awesome! Thank you!

I have a question regarding some additional statistics for your gene correlation. Once I have my gene of choice I go to the gene expression/activity chart and download the correlation file, but the only statistic you give me is the r value. Do all of your presented correlations have a standard p-value (0.05 or 0.01)? And can I find any additional statistics regarding the correlation?

Best,

Colin Sperring
LSA Honors '18

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "BioGPS" group.