BioGPS Update for June 2010

Andrew Su

May 11, 2010, 10:34:47 AM5/11/10
to biogps-...@googlegroups.com

biogps-logo_200x98.png

Dear BioGPS user,

After quite a long hiatus, we’re rededicating ourselves to sending out periodic updates to this BioGPS announcements mailing list.  But since it has been a while, it’s nice to look back and see that there have been many notable developments.  For example:

BioGPS on mobile devices

Sometimes, gene annotation just can't wait.  For those times when you need gene annotation information now, we've just released a new mobile version of the BioGPS website at http://biogps.gnf.org/m/ …  (more)

User profiles and social networks

Previously, your user account was pretty much limited to keeping track of your BioGPS stuff -- layouts, plugins, and gene lists.  BioGPS now gives you the option of linking your user account to your real-world self.  BioGPS also allows you to create a social network of colleagues and collaborators.  (more)

Recruiting for a Bioinformatics Programmer opening

Do you like what we're doing here with BioGPS? Are you passionate about building cutting edge software for the life sciences? Are you looking to play a key role in a small and energetic programming team? (more)

Correlation search

We're happy to report now that search by correlation is now an official feature in BioGPS. (more)

BioGPS manuscript published in Genome Biology

The manuscript describing BioGPS has just been published online in Genome Biology! (more)

New home page

We've tried to make the new design cleaner, clearer, and more information-rich. (more)

Quick-adding plugins

In what I think is one of the best features we've rolled out recently, we're happy to announce the new "Quick-add" feature for customizing gene report layouts.  Now, you can search, select, and add plugins directly from the Gene Report window. (more)

Saving gene lists

If you find yourself juggling many different gene lists of interest, then you can now keep them organized and easily switch between them. We also provide you with the tools to do simple set operations. (more)

You can always see the latest news on the BioGPS blog.

------------

Also, check out the plugins we’ve featured in our Spotlight Series of blog posts, highlighting just a few of the 300+ plugins in the plugin library:

Spotlight: Human Protein Atlas

Spotlight: GeneCards

Spotlight: Ingenuity and GeneGO

Spotlight: Reactome

Spotlight: NCI-Nature Pathway Interaction Database

Spotlight: aGEM

Spotlight: WikiPathways

Spotlight: Signaling Gateway and Molecule Pages

We can’t promise such a content- and feature-filled update every time, but we will aim to be more regular with our updates.  We have some exciting developments coming down the pipeline, and we look forward to sharing them with you soon.

Regards,

Andrew Su (on behalf of the BioGPS team)