Three step estimation (Vermunt, 2010)

Arvind Ilamaran

Apr 11, 2023, 2:42:12 AM4/11/23
to Biogeme
Dear Michael,

I am trying to estimate a latent class model before incorporating it into the choice model. The issue is that I keep reading about three-step approaches for estimating LCA models with covariates (Vermunt, 2010).

I could not ascertain if this is done in Biogeme already or if someone using Biogeme has done this on their own.

Any advice is appreciated.

Best,
Arvind

Bierlaire Michel

Apr 11, 2023, 2:44:38 AM4/11/23
to vi.a...@gmail.com, Bierlaire Michel, Biogeme
Have a look at this document https://transp-or.epfl.ch/documents/technicalReports/Bier18b.pdf
> --

Michel Bierlaire
Transport and Mobility Laboratory
School of Architecture, Civil and Environmental Engineering
EPFL - Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne
http://transp-or.epfl.ch
http://people.epfl.ch/michel.bierlaire