Get information during simulation in PandasBiogeme

Mikkel Thorhauge

Aug 26, 2021, 3:05:43 AM8/26/21
to Biogeme

I have had a model simulating for several days now, and wonder how much of the data has been processed. In PythonBiogeme it gave some information about how many rows had been processed during the simulation (for every 100 or 1000 rows if I remember correctly). Is it possible to show similar information in PandasBiogeme during simulation? I have tried playing around with messaging module, but get no output during simulation.

Thanks in advance,

Mikkel

Bierlaire Michel

Aug 26, 2021, 3:30:06 AM8/26/21
to mthor...@gmail.com, Bierlaire Michel, Biogeme
No. The simulation is not implemented in Python, for the sake of computational efficiency. It is using multithreading in C++. Therefore, Python has no inside information about the progress of the simulation. It simply waits for the results from the C++ program.
I will think about a way to report this progress in future versions, without interfering with the speed of computation.