Using Random Subsets of the Full Choice Set

Kexin Lai

Apr 27, 2024, 10:48:18 AMApr 27
to Biogeme
Dear Professor Bierlaire:

I am writing to ask if I can set a choice set for each decision-maker.

As my choice number is quite big (over 2000) and would take too much ram and time to run the model, I want to estimate the MNL model using random subsets of the full choice set .

Many thanks.
Kexin

Michel Bierlaire

Apr 27, 2024, 10:49:39 AMApr 27
to kexi...@gmail.com, Michel Bierlaire, Biogeme

> On 26 Apr 2024, at 21:13, Kexin Lai <kexi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear Professor Bierlaire:
>
> I am writing to ask if I can set a choice set for each decision-maker.

Yes. This is the role of the availability conditions.

It is described here how to do it: https://transp-or.epfl.ch/documents/technicalReports/BierPasc23.pdf

> Many thanks.
> Kexin
>
> --

Michel Bierlaire
Transport and Mobility Laboratory
School of Architecture, Civil and Environmental Engineering
EPFL - Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne
http://transp-or.epfl.ch
http://people.epfl.ch/michel.bierlaire