Elasticities and Value of Time

Lorenzo Muñoz

May 26, 2023, 2:10:11 AM5/26/23
to Biogeme
Hello prof. Bierlaire, I have a few questions regarding the b01logit_simul.py code.

The outputs of elasticities are reported as a percentage or as a number between 0 and 1? The reason I'm asking is because I keep getting big values for the elasticity of travel time (over -7), so that seems strange.

Also, is there a template of a code in which I can obtain the elasticities and value of time disaggregated by user? Instead of getting mean and quartiles? I have seen your work in Fernández-Antolin et al. and you report boxplots of these results differentiated by user, that's why I ask if it's available somewhere.

Many thanks in advance!

Bierlaire Michel

May 26, 2023, 2:13:19 AM5/26/23
to lorenz...@gmail.com, Bierlaire Michel, Biogeme
Elasticities are not restricted to be between 0 and 1.
See Section 3 of this report for details: https://transp-or.epfl.ch/documents/technicalReports/Bier18a.pdf
> --

Michel Bierlaire
Transport and Mobility Laboratory
School of Architecture, Civil and Environmental Engineering
EPFL - Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne
http://transp-or.epfl.ch
http://people.epfl.ch/michel.bierlaire