goodness of fit

kiran.t...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2022, 2:36:03 AM4/28/22
to Biogeme
Hi Prof. Bierlaire,

Likelihood ratio test for initial model is one of the outputs provided by teh biogeme for any model. I wanted to ask how can we find the chi-square with this likelihood ratio statistic?

Kind Regards,
Kiran

Bierlaire Michel

Apr 28, 2022, 8:51:21 AM4/28/22
to kiran.t...@gmail.com, Bierlaire Michel, Biogeme

On 28 Apr 2022, at 06:05, kiran.t...@gmail.com <kiran.t...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Prof. Bierlaire,

Likelihood ratio test for initial model is one of the outputs provided by teh biogeme for any model. I wanted to ask how can we find the chi-square with this likelihood ratio statistic?

This test is valid only if the initial model is a restricted version of the model, that has been estimated with maximum likelihood.
Typically, it happens when you estimate a logit model, and you use the estimated values to estimate a nested logit model.
It is then a classical likelihood ratio test, distributed as a chi square where the number of degrees of freedom is the difference between the number of parameters of the two models.
Note that Biogeme includes a tool for likelihood ratio test, documented here:

It calculates also the value of the chi2.

Kind Regards,
Kiran