Lack of Documentation

wlong...@systemsbiology.org

Nov 8, 2012, 3:56:33 PM11/8/12
to biofabr...@googlegroups.com
My apologies for the lack of user documentation for BioFabric.  At this point, the best bet for an introduction is to read the paper in BMC Bioinformatics.  If you still need guidance, then feel free to post a question to this group.

Bill

Daniel Baker

Nov 9, 2012, 2:28:49 PM11/9/12
to biofabr...@googlegroups.com
Would a good deal be included in documentation for BioTapestry,, or is it so independent a system that learning by both the BMC provisional and the BT rtfm, would not be sufficient?

wlong...@systemsbiology.org

Nov 9, 2012, 3:29:58 PM11/9/12
to biofabr...@googlegroups.com
They are independent tools, despite being built off a common code base. So there is actually very little overlap between the BioFabric and BioTapestry user experience, and the existing BioTapestry documentation is unfortunately not going to be any help.  The BMC paper is the best way to get an intro, along with asking questions in this group (note the BMC final PDF should be ready in a week).  I would love to have tutorials ready to go, but don't have the resources at this point.  My suggestion is to build a SIF file, import it in, play with the software, and ask me lots of questions in this forum.

Thanks for your question and your interest in BioFabric!

Bill