general instruction reference on network visualisation

wayne mitchell

Jun 6, 2013, 8:33:07 PM6/6/13
to biofabr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Biofabric is obviously powerful and beautiful. To use it to full advantage, I need to learn mor of the basics of visualising networks. Can anyone recommend a book or other resource for self-insruction?

Thanks!

wayne

William Longabaugh

Jun 6, 2013, 8:55:25 PM6/6/13
to biofabr...@googlegroups.com
Wayne:

Thanks!

I actually haven't read it, but I've heard a couple good things about
the book "Analyzing Social Media Networks with NodeXL: Insights from a
Connected World". It describes using NodeXL, which is a free,
open-source plug-in for use with Excel. That might be a way to get an
introduction to network analysis and visualization. The problem is that
all the existing books out there on network visualization, and NodeXL,
are stuck in the old "nodes == points" view of the world.

Sorry there is not a beginner tutorial for BioFabric. The best thing to
do at the moment is follow my blog and ask questions here.

Bill