How to save a image in BioFabric (empty output JPEG file)?

nomesh gopalani

Mar 6, 2014, 6:32:05 AM3/6/14
to biofabr...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sir
I have a large network of around 2500 genes. I have created a image in Biofabric but when I try to save the image The Output jpeg file is empty. My computer has 4GB RAM and I5 Processor. Sir I need this image badly for publication.

Bill Longabaugh

Mar 6, 2014, 11:17:46 AM3/6/14
to biofabr...@googlegroups.com
A few things to try:

1) I don't recommend using the JPG format; the PNG format is much better for line art like BioFabric.

2) Have you tried to export a small network image first as a "test run"?

3) If it is the case that BioFabric is running into out-of-memory issues trying to export the image, try the large-memory online Java WebStart version that you can launch using the link at: http://www.biofabric.org/#launch (it is the second of the two launch links in that section). Your machine should be able to handle that.

4) Check the image size you are trying to create, and try setting the image to a smaller size to make sure it does not exhaust the memory. If you are trying to export an image that is e.g. 150,000 pixels wide, it will be a problem. Try starting small, and then only trying again and making the image bigger if you are successful.

5) Larger images can take a while to export. Keep checking the file size as the export proceeds to make sure it has completed.

Hope these tips help.

Bill