New development release available (3.99_005) | Biodiverse now calculates CANAPE for you

Shawn Laffan

Oct 25, 2022, 1:51:37 AM10/25/22
to biodiver...@googlegroups.com
A new development release of Biodiverse is now available. This is the
fifth and hopefully final in the 3.99 series, leading to a version 4
release.

The main highlight since 3.99_004 is that Biodiverse will now calculate
CANAPE for you.  More details are in the blog post at
https://biodiverse-analysis-software.blogspot.com/2022/10/biodiverse-now-calculates-canape-for-you.html

You can access the release through
https://github.com/shawnlaffan/biodiverse/wiki/Downloads#development-release

An executable is available only for Windows at this time. A Linux
release can be made if needed.  Preparation of a Mac release is awaiting
new hardware.

Please give it a test run and report any errors or suggest any
improvements. You can use this email list or the project issue tracker
at https://github.com/shawnlaffan/biodiverse/issues

The project also now has GitHub discussions enabled if you find that
easier.  https://github.com/shawnlaffan/biodiverse/discussions

More details and links relating to the new developments can be accessed
at
https://github.com/shawnlaffan/biodiverse/wiki/ReleaseNotes#version-399-dev-series

Regards,
Shawn.

Shawn Laffan

Nov 15, 2022, 5:52:36 PM11/15/22
to biodiver...@googlegroups.com
A Mac release for version 3.99_005 is now available.

Installation instructions are the same as for the previous releases:
https://github.com/shawnlaffan/biodiverse/wiki/Installation

Note that this has been built using an M1 system so is unlikely to work
on machines using Intel chips.

The binary is also not signed so will need permissions to run.  This is
the same as for the previous releases.

Please give it a test and report any successes or issues.

Regards,
Shawn.

Shawn Laffan

Nov 17, 2022, 10:42:51 PM11/17/22
to biodiver...@googlegroups.com
We now have a Mac release for machines using Intel chips.

It can be accessed through
https://github.com/shawnlaffan/biodiverse/wiki/Downloads#development-release

Please give it a test and report any successes or issues.

If all goes well then we can release version 4.

Regards,
Shawn.