Upcoming lecture at BioCurious on CRISPR Gene Editing!

Maria Chavez

May 21, 2024, 2:41:08 PMMay 21
Hi All,

Join us for an in person lecture on: CRISPR Gene Editing - Rewriting endogenous human RNAs with trans-splicing.

When: Sunday, May 26, 2024. - 1:00 PM

Rewriting endogenous human RNAs with trans-splicing

In this talk, we will discuss Cyrus's recent work at the Hsu lab to enable versatile RNA editing in human cells with the development of RNA-guided trans-splicing with Cas editor (RESPLICE). Our results present RESPLICE as a new mode of RNA editing for fine-tuned and transient control of cellular programs without permanent alterations to the genetic code.

Speaker: Cyrus Tau is a recent graduate of UC Berkeley where he majored in Bioengineering. During his time there, he worked in the lab of Prof. Patrick Hsu where he used CRISPR based tools for genomic and transcriptomic editing. While in high school, Cyrus worked on his own research and various community projects at Biocurious, cementing his passion for life science research and scientific outreach. Next fall, he will be attending Harvard University where he will be pursuing a PhD in Biological and Biomedical Sciences with the NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program.

Cheers!

Maria Chavez
Board Member
BioCurious Inc.