Fwd: [biocurious] Metabolic Tinker

Jonathan Reyles

May 9, 2013, 1:12:01 PM5/9/13
to biocurious-bi...@googlegroups.com, Nina DiPrimio
Hey Folks from Bioinformatics,

Check out the article below:
http://nar.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2013/04/10/nar.gkt234.long

This is also the tinkering aspect:

Nina, if you have Bioinformatics related ideas, feel free to shoot it to this mailing list.

Cheers,
Jon

May 9, 2013, 6:14:40 PM5/9/13
to Nina DiPrimio, Jonathan Reyles, diybio-...@googlegroups.com, biocurious-bi...@googlegroups.com
And this is the one I personally use in my own research (although typically more for whole-genome pathway reconstruction and curation, than for metabolic engineering):

http://biocyc.org/
http://brg.ai.sri.com/ptools/

Patrik

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 11:21 AM, Nina DiPrimio <ndip...@gmail.com> wrote:
this is the tool patrik mentioned:

Nina DiPrimio

May 10, 2013, 12:57:17 AM5/10/13
to Patrik D'haeseleer, Jonathan Reyles, diybio-...@googlegroups.com, biocurious-bi...@googlegroups.com
Hello all-

I do want to go through these tools with you all during an IdeaLab, however I am not well versed in them and would prefer to spend some time learning and comparing before attempting to walk you through them.

If someone has time tomorrow or Saturday to prep for that and would like to give it a shot please feel free! I would like to learn as well.

If not, I propose to discuss:

Work done by the Hecht group on de novo proteins.

Thoughts?
Sorry for the late notice- will confirm topic tomorrow.

Thanks!
Nina

Is this topic of interest?