Fwd: Latin America R/Bioc Workshops

Estefania Mancini

Nov 15, 2021, 8:59:26 AM11/15/21
to bioconduct...@googlegroups.com

Dear group members,

I'm highly interested in contributing with courses/workshops/teaching organizing in general.  I’m a Spanish native speaker (I am from Argentina, but living in Barcelona). I was contacted recently from 2 different organisms in latin america to help in the organization of some workshop for the use of R/Bioconductor

1.- Colleagues from this platform (https://www.metadocencia.org/ ) are interested in collaborate for this proposal (https://chanzuckerberg.com/eoss/proposals/bioconductor-high-quality-training-and-support-for-a-worldwide-community/ ) in order to organize high quality courses in the Spanish language.

2.- I was invited to deliver a course on RNA-Seq data analysis using R/Bioconductor for a private platform (http://bioscienceappcourses.com/). They are wondering if Bioconductor can provide some sponsorship at least in terms of promotion / certificate / whatever

I will be looking forward to hearing from you, any help / advice / recommendation on how to proceed is really welcome,

Thanks in advance, have a nice week

Estefi

Laurent Gatto

Nov 15, 2021, 9:18:11 AM11/15/21
to Estefania Mancini, bioconductor-teaching
Dear Estefi,

Thank you for your interest.

We meet every second Monday of the month - next meeting is on Mon 13 Dec at 2pm (EU time). I suggest you join if you are available. As for your specific questions:

1. I think the best would be to discuss this with the group on Mon 13 Dec, and ideally also ask Aedin to join and/or organise another shorter meeting with Charlotte. Just let me know.

2. I can certainly not speak for the Bioconductor project at large, nor do I for the education committee, but I don't see why/how we should provide any certification or recommendation for a private platform. Again, open to discussion any time.

Best wishes,

Laurent

Estefania Mancini

Nov 15, 2021, 9:38:31 AM11/15/21
to Laurent Gatto, bioconductor-teaching
Hi Laurent, perfect. I'll try to join the next meeting.
Can you tell me which time please, so I schedule it

thanks and see you soon
Estefi

Laurent Gatto

Nov 15, 2021, 9:51:39 AM11/15/21
to Estefania Mancini, bioconductor-teaching
Daer Estefi,

The meeting starts at 2pm and lasts at most 1 hours. All details are publicly available online [1] - feel free some discussion points to the agenda.

Best wishes,

Laurent

Aedin Culhane

Nov 16, 2021, 5:57:40 AM11/16/21
to Charlotte Soneson, Estefania Mancini, Laurent Gatto, Leonardo Collado Torres, Vincent Carey, bioconduct...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Estefi

Estefi raised this need for Spanish training courses at our last CAB meeting. Let us know how the CAB can help Estefi in this important  effort. There should be funds through the czi grants if needed. I am also copying Leo who may have suggestions. It would be great to build a Spanish education working group.

Aedin

--
Aedin C. Culhane, Ph.D.

I have moved, I'd be grateful if you could send emails to my new email address is: aedin....@ul.ie

Professor of Cancer Genomics

Limerick Digital Cancer Research Centre,
School of Medicine,

University of Limerick,

Limerick, Ireland

(she/her/hers)

Twitter Logo

I am recruiting PhD, Postdoc and staff positions (remote or in person) for my lab. Please email or DM for more information.