Summary from last night's meeting

Reece Hart

Jan 17, 2019, 2:13:54 PM1/17/19
to biocomm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for all the interest in bioinformatics and biocommons last night! Here's a summary:

• The SF Python Bioinformatics SIG is a forum for (potentially) many projects. The Bioinformatics SIG should emphasize hands-on hacking on projects as a vehicle for learning. (Last night wasn't a good example.) biocommons is one of these projects. Other projects were mentioned and will be run by others.

• Sorry about not setting up video. I set it up in the first room, then forgot when we changed rooms. Mea culpa.

• biocommons slides are at http://bit.ly/2RS7Hv1

• If you're interested in biocommons, please:
1) add name to http://bit.ly/2RAwUuA
2) join https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/biocommons-devs
3) join gitter channel https://gitter.im/biocommons/devs.
Reminder: biocommons groups are solely for biocommons purposes, not for broader bioinformatics discussions.

• Please ask questions on the google group or gitter if you need help getting started!

• Next time, more hands on!

• Mac and windows installation instructions will be appreciated from those who figure it out. Consider writing them in a google doc for others to see and contribute to. We can migrate completed instructions to documentation.