PyBay2019 early bird announcement

Reece Hart

Apr 24, 2019, 2:23:12 PM4/24/19
to biocommons-devs
Sent on behalf of Grace Law, PyBay Conference Chair and SF Python Organizer

Have you heard about PyBay?  It’s the regional version of PyCon, the always-sold-out national Python conference our friends at SF Python is producing.  It’s an amazing get together of the most knowledgeable speakers and practitioners within the Python ecosystem, all under one roof, sharing their knowledge for a few days.  Best yet, people you meet are likely from SF Bay Area, too, so it’s easier to continue with the new friendships you’ve made. Check out the highlight video from prior years.

Early bird passes go on sale this Tuesday, April 23, at 9am PDT.

Cheers and see you at PyBay 2019!

Hi Pythonistas,

You’re invited to PyBay 2019, the 4th annual SF Bay Area Python conference, on August 15-18 in San Francisco!  This is by far the most fun and largest event our friends at SF Python is producing.

Join 750+ Pythonistas plus 50+ amazing speakers including:

  • Raymond Hettinger (Python core dev; seasoned Python trainer)

  • Peter Norvig (Seminal Computer Scientist; Currently a Director of Research at Google)

  • Rachel Thomas (Selected by Forbes as one of “20 Incredible Women Advancing AI Research;” co-founder of fast.ai)

  • Lukasz Langa (Python core Developer, Python 3.8 release manager, Creator of Black)

Here's what past attendees say: "Mind. Blown.," "Great conversations during the conference that extended to meeting for coffee 2 weeks later.," "We changed our architecture, tools, and approaches as a result of attending PyBay!" More highlights here.

There are only 50 Early Bird passes available. So ask your manager for approval now. Set an alarm for 9am PDT on Tuesday, April 23, and grab your Early Bird pass while they last!

What To Expect

PyBay is the local version of the always-sold-out PyCon national Python conference. It’s organized by the community for the community, featuring:

  • Python core developers, newbies, and seasoned practitioners with a desire to learn, share, and contribute back to the community

  • 55+ talks about Python and its ecosystem, with actionable takeaways

  • PyMaker Fair to show off your hardware and iOT-enabled gadgets

  • Expo from participating sponsors to learn about jobs and tools that enhance your career

  • Happy hour, yoga, book signing and dedicated space for the hallway track to help you connect with other cool Pythonistas

  • Half-day and full-day pre-conference workshops to deepen your knowledge. Passes sold separately starting in June).

In short, PyBay is a unique opportunity for Pythonistas at any level to learn and connect with like minds and to accelerate their growth and career, all while having some fun and wellness over the weekend.

Don’t Miss out

These 50 early bird passes are the lowest price you will pay. You’ll save 25% on the already low prices compared to other conferences.

Please select your ticket type mindfully so we have funds to reimburse speakers' registration, contribute to diversity and inclusion scholarships and financial aid, and produce a better conference for all!

Early sponsors include:

Thanks in advance for your support and for spreading the word. We hope to see you at PyBay 2019!

Grace Law

PyBay Conference Chair and SF Python Organizer

415-323-0388 / gr...@pybay.com

SF Python is a volunteer-run organization aiming to foster the Python Community in the Bay Area. We produce ~20 educational events a year including PyBay, the Regional Python Conference in SF this August. Learn more