Reminder: Apply today for the 2023 Science & SciLifeLab Prize for Young Sciencetists!

Prash

May 17, 2023, 10:26:06 AM5/17/23
to bioc...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Science Awards & Prizes <scienc...@aaas.sciencepubs.org>
Date: Wed, 17 May, 2023, 19:31
Subject: Reminder: Apply today for the 2023 Science & SciLifeLab Prize for Young Sciencetists!
To: <PRASH>

If you can't read this mail, click here.

APPLICATION TO THIS YEAR'S SCIENCE & SCILIFELAB PRIZE IS OPEN!

Recent PhD?

Boost your career by applying to the Science and SciLifeLab’s Prize for young scientists,
an annual prize awarded to early-career scientists, this year celebrating its 10th anniversary

Applicants will submit a 1000-word essay that is judged by an independent editorial team, organized by the journal Science. Essays are assessed on the quality of research and the applicants’ ability to articulate how their work would contribute to the scientific field.

The prize is presented in four categories:

Cell and Molecular Biology
Ecology and Environment
Molecular Medicine
Genomics, Proteomics and Systems Biology

If selected as a winner, you will have your essay published by Science, win up to USD 30,000 and be invited to Sweden during our 10th anniversary celebration to receive your prize, present your research and meet with leading scientists in your field.

For our 10th anniversary we did short interviews with previous winners to ask what winning the prize meant to them

David Seekell - 2016 Category winner
Head of Sustainable Investing and ESG at Atle

"The Science & SciLifeLab Prize provided visibility and credibility within my university at a critical stage of my academic career. I feel like I received extra support and flexibility that gave me the opportunity to develop and explore new questions in a way that was extremely rewarding".

Read the interview

Mijo Simunovic - 2017 Category winner
Assistant Professor of Chemical Engineering, Columbia University

"The Prize gave me the recognition and the assurance that I was on the right path. Today, I am fortunate to lead and collaborate with a talented group of engineers, developmental biologists, geneticists, and clinicians, all with a common goal of revealing secrets about our own development".

Read the interview

More information: scienceprize.scilifelab.se
Questions: scilife...@aaas.org

Application deadline: July 15, 2023

Entrants for the 2023 prize must have received their Ph.D. between January 1, 2021 and December 31, 2022.