Upcoming Online Hands-on workshop (Three days): “Molecular Docking, Biological Software Packages and Cell Culture Techniques Protocol” – 8th to 10th August 2024 - Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology

Jackson Durairaj S

Jul 13, 2024, 4:00:22 AM (10 days ago) Jul 13
to bioc...@googlegroups.com

Dear Faculties/students,

Greetings from Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai.

We cordially invite you for the Online (Zoom platform) Hands-on Workshop on “Molecular Docking, Biological Software Packages and Cell Culture Techniques Protocol" (to attain publication) between 8th – 10th May, 2024'; Timing 09.30 am to 4.00 pm (IST), Organized by the Centre for Molecular and Nanomedical Sciences, International Research Centre (IRC), Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai. Kindly find the attached brochure for complete details.

Register the event at (Last date: 05-08-2024)

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf6MgIhF8rCKXfiyg_W1fk1Dio28Hid6Emj6HKkrbw--_h5yA/viewform?usp=sf_link (Kindly copy and paste the link, if it not works)

Advertisement Link: https://indiabioscience.org/events/molecular-docking-biological-software-packages-and-cell-culture-techniques-protocol

Following computational techniques such as; Molecular Docking using AutoDock Vina (Protein-ligand); Ligand preparation - Chimera; Docking analysis; Protein and Ligand preparation; Grid generation; Result analysis using Discovery Studio; Protein target screening and toxicity prediction will be covered. This workshop will provide a platform for the beginners to explore molecular docking, computational and cell culture techniques and implement these techniques in their field of research.

In the theme of data analysis, we are going to teach

1.     ImageJ - Java-based image processing program, we can use it for many biological research experiments example western blotting, wound healing, immunofluorescence etc.,

2.     Biorender - Scientific diagrams, and illustrations.

3.     Circos Plot -  Circos ideal for exploring relationships between objects or positions.

4.     OriginPro - Data analysis and graphing software.

5.     Mapchart - Make your own custom map of the World.

6.     GraphPad Prism - Data analysis and graphing software (Survival graph).

Cell culture techniques and protocols include media preparation, cell passaging, counting cells in a Haemocytometer, cell seeding for MTT, wound healing and Immunofluorescence, cryopreservation, MTT assay and calculations. Molecular Biology calculation includes stock and working concentration preparation and other basics.

Note: Limited seats only available; Registration is based on first come first serve basis

Following the workshop, interested faculty/students are assigned with novel research ideas to execute it in both in-silico and wet lab work for attaining collaborative publication.

Herewith I have attached the detailed brochure with this mail for your reference.

Seats are restricted to limited as per first cum first serve basis.

Hard copy of the certificate will be issued for the successful participants through postal mode.

If you have any queries, please contact my Research Scholar:

Mr. R. Kamarajan (Research Scholar); Contact Number: +91 7418071726.

Uniqueness of our workshop

1.     AnyDesk support will be provided for software installation – before two days of the workshop, all the necessary software will be installed on your laptop or desktop. Complete solution will be provided for the software installation.

2.     Individually, technical support will be provided in-between the workshop.  We will guide you if you are stuck in-between in any steps through AnyDesk. Absolutely, you will be trained hands-on.

3.     Two Weeks post-workshop support will be provided. It will clear all your doubts while you operate from your own.

4.     Hardcopy Certificates will be provided. We will post you to your address.

5.     This workshop is frequently conducted by us and it is the thirteen successful batch. All the first thirteen batch participants gave exemplary positive feedback about this workshop that they experienced hands-on experience (98 % participants).

6.     Through this online workshop you not only clear your own doubts but also you can get an idea about the other participants' doubts which are screen-shared and clarified to all the participants and in this way, it is better than the physical mode workshop. All the participants will get all the information in everything.

Thanks and regards,

Dr. S. Jackson Durairaj PhD., NET

Associate Professor (Research),

Centre for Molecular and Nanomedical Sciences,

International Research Centre,

Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology (Deemed to be University),

CATEGORY – 1 University by UGC; Accredited with ‘A++’ Grade by NAAC,

Jeppiaar Nagar, Rajiv Gandhi Salai,

Chennai - 600 119, Tamil Nadu, India.

Workshop Brochure.pdf