If we want to settle on other planets, we’ll have to use genome editing to alter human DNA

hrmohan ieeecs

Jul 24, 2024, 1:54:56 AM (3 days ago) Jul 24
to bioc...@googlegroups.com
If we want to settle on other planets, we’ll have to use genome editing to alter human DNA

When considering human settlements on the Moon, Mars and further afield, much attention is given to the travel times, food and radiation risk. We’ll undoubtedly face a harsh environment in deep space and some thinkers have been pointing to genome editing as a way to ensure that humans can tolerate the severe conditions as they venture further into the solar system.

HR Mohan
IEEE Ambassador
Sr Member, IEEE CS & IEEE EMBS