Is there a specific ammount of time for biochar made from metal to completely cool?

Bola Bada

Nov 13, 2015, 8:26:32 AM11/13/15
to Biochar
Please I need information regarding this subject,

Nando Breiter

Nov 13, 2015, 11:15:13 AM11/13/15
to bio...@googlegroups.com
Biochar isn't made from metal, since metal is not biomass.

But if you are asking in general how long biochar needs to cool so that it does not ignite when exposed to open air, it would depend on the size of the batch. The important thing is to NOT store freshly made biochar in anything that can be damaged if it catches fire. Don't put it in a vehicle, or a barn or a building, for instance. Keep it out in the open after it has been made and allow it to stabilize.

CarbonZero
Via Rompada 40
6987 Caslano
Switzerland