Fwd: Are you joining? re. Energy Transition Session

Lloyd Helferty

Aug 6, 2020, 2:12:41 PM8/6/20
to CoSWoG - googlegroup, Biochar-Ontario, CBI (Canadian Biochar Initiative) [google], Biochar-R...@yahoogroups.ca, Climate Smart Food (CSF) Working Group - googlegroup

Unfortunately I missed this announcement / event.

  It might be worthwhile for some of our members (Drawdown Initiatives, Biochar Ontario, Canadian Biochar Initiative, CRCN etc.) to get involved in this conversation around "Build Back Better".

---
P.S. An increase in net energy from renewable energy sources is entirely feasible if done right, and could sustain high levels of prosperity worldwide with a fundamentally egalitarian economic system.

The main prerequisite for this pathway, though, is the elimination of carbon emissions from the US military — widely considered to be the biggest institutional consumer of crude oil in the world.

---

"The path for global economies to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic is through investment and job creation in building the global renewable energy and sustainability infrastructure.

 Our market system can be tweaked to make the pursuit of sustainability and ecological value the high growth and high profit center of the 21st century. Economic growth can mean ecological improvement. This isn’t pie in the sky. The numbers work."

 - Roy Morrison, www.EcoCivilization.info

Regards,
Lloyd Helferty, Engineering Technologist
Principal, Biochar Consulting (Canada)
System Leader and Sector Expert for the "Climate Smart" Platform
  & Project Development Director
Energime University
  http://energimeuniversity.org/
  A member of The Energime Family of Companies
  "Education, training, knowledge and empowerment for responsible environmental management and resource sustainability."
  Not-for-profit Tax Exempt Status: 501(3C) DLN 17053330310044
  lloydh...@energime.com
MeetMe: https://doodle.com/lhelferty
  48 Suncrest Blvd, Thornhill, ON, Canada
  905-707-8754
  Skype: lloyd.helferty
--
Executive Director
Resilient World Institute (RWI)
http://rwinstitute.ca/
5 Shields Court, Suite 108
Markham, Ontario, L3R 0G3
cell/WhatsApp: 647-886-8754
--
 Core Group team member, Drawdown Toronto, Richmond Hill and
Co-Founder, Drawdown Markham
  https://www.facebook.com/groups/DDMarkham/
  https://www.meetup.com/Drawdown-Markham/
--
 Co-Founder & Administrator, WE-Energime-Global Cooperation Day Turtle Island
  https://www.facebook.com/groups/EGCDTI/
--
 Goodwill Ambassador, Canada, Francophone, and Commonwealth of Nations Communities
FPYF Ad Hoc Youth4SDGs-Tourism4SDGs International Advisory Board of Goodwill Ambassadors
Glocalizing the Sustainable Development Goals (GSDGs)
--
 Chair, Community Sustainability (CoSWoG), A working group of Science for Peace
  https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8413199
  https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/coswog
--
 Co-founder, CSF Consulting Group
  and Science for Peace (SfP) CoSWoG Climate Smart Food sub-Working Group (CSFWG)
  www.facebook.com/groups/climatesmartfood/
--
 Founder, "Future Farming" group
  http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Future-Farming-4815612
--
 President, Co-founder, Biochar-Ontario
  http://groups.google.com/group/biochar-ontario
  https://www.linkedin.com/groups/3329950
  A member of the Canadian Biocarbon Network (CBN)
--
 Manager, Biochar Offsets Group:
  http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=2446475
--
 Advisory Committee Member, International Biochar Initiative (IBI)
  www.biochar-international.org

"The best way to predict the future is to create it."​ - Willy Brandt