Come to the First ever Drawdown Markham Meetup tomorrow, Sunday March 31st at 1:30 PM!

Lloyd Helferty

Mar 30, 2019, 2:24:35 PM3/30/19
to Biochar-Ontario

 Will you be able to make it out to our Drawdown Markham Meetup tomorrow afternoon?

Please come out to our very first Drawdown Markham Meetup this coming Sunday March 31st -- and learn about how you can help to implement the local community solutions to REVERSE Climate Change!

Please also go to our Facebook event page and Register your interest there:

https://www.facebook.com/events/302484057102549/

Public

 · Hosted by Community Sustainability Working Group

Sunday, March 31, 2019 at 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM

48 Suncrest Blvd, Thornhill, ON L3T 7Y1, Canada

Details

We will provide attendees with an overview of Drawdown (the book/project) and a presentation / overview of the Drawdown Eco Challenge.

Please note that this event is Free, but we would ask that you donate to the cause (pay what you can) so that we can keep these Meetup events running and build momentum toward achieving local Drawdown in Markham!

Note: The beginning of the event will unfold by having a casual chat and getting to know each other a bit better (where do we live, what do we do, what are we passionate about).

We will then do introductions and we have a presentation (powerpoint) that will introduce everyone to the Drawdown initiatives and some ideas for things we can do right here in Markham.

And although this may seem like serious business, Let's also have FUN and keep the conversations and discussions easy, and (of course) respectful.

Yes, we are professionals, but we're really just a bunch of goofballs who want to "save the world" in our own small way. :-P

 (As my colleague Bill S. in New York says, "People make plans and God laughs!".)

P.P.S. If you want to get some really DETAILED instructions (photos included!) about how to find us, let me know.

Regards,

--
Lloyd Helferty, Engineering Technologist
Principal, Biochar Consulting (Canada)
System Leader and Sector Expert for the "Climate Smart" Platform
  & Project Development Director
Energime University
  http://energimeuniversity.org/
  A member of The Energime Family of Companies
  "Education, training, knowledge and empowerment for responsible environmental management and resource sustainability."
  Not-for-profit Tax Exempt Status: 501(3C) DLN 17053330310044
  lloydh...@energime.com
MeetMe: https://doodle.com/lhelferty
  48 Suncrest Blvd, Thornhill, ON, Canada
  905-707-8754
  Skype: lloyd.helferty
--
Executive Director
Resilient World Institute (RWI)
http://rwinstitute.ca/
5 Shields Court, Suite 108
Markham, Ontario, L3R 0G3
cell: 647-886-8754
--
 Core Group team member, Drawdown Toronto, Richmond Hill and MARKHAM
  https://www.facebook.com/groups/DDMarkham/
  https://www.meetup.com/Drawdown-Markham/
--
 Founder, WE-Energime-Global Cooperation Day Turtle Island
  https://www.facebook.com/groups/EGCDTI/
--
 Chair, Community Sustainability (CoSWoG), A working group of Science for Peace
  https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8413199
  https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/coswog
--
 Co-founder, CSF Consulting Group
  and Science for Peace (SfP) CoSWoG Climate Smart Food sub-Working Group (CSFWG)
  www.facebook.com/groups/climatesmartfood/
--
 Founder, "Future Farming" group
  http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Future-Farming-4815612
--
 President, Co-founder, Biochar-Ontario
  http://groups.google.com/group/biochar-ontario
  https://www.linkedin.com/groups/3329950
  A member of the Canadian Biocarbon Network (CBN)
--
 Manager, Biochar Offsets Group:
  http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=2446475
--
 Advisory Committee Member, International Biochar Initiative (IBI)
  www.biochar-international.org

"The best way to predict the future is to create it."​ - Willy Brandt