Re: Representing India & LGBT community at World Business Dialogue, Cologne Feb 2019

Lloyd Helferty

Jan 14, 2019, 11:31:53 PM1/14/19
to ashu mishra, CoSWoG - googlegroup, csayn-...@googlegroups.com, Biochar-Ontario, Climate Smart Food (CSF) Working Group - googlegroup, CBI (Canadian Biochar Initiative) [google], Working Group on Youth and Gender Equality, biochar (Yahoo group), Biochar-R...@yahoogroups.ca, Members of GaiaPC, CSDev Net Group, Elementvillage, TGC

Dear Ashu | Ashutosh,

  Thank you for letting me know about your possible participation in the 22nd "World Business Dialogue" that will take place at University of Cologne in Germany during 18th-22nd Feb, 2019.

 By way of this email I am also passing along information about your "fundraising campaign" to people in my Networks (Biochar groups, Sustainability groups, youth groups etc.)

Regards,

Lloyd Helferty, Engineering Technologist
Principal, Biochar Consulting (Canada)
System Leader and Sector Expert for the "Climate Smart" Platform
  & Project Development Director
Energime University
  http://energimeuniversity.org/
  A member of The Energime Family of Companies
  "Education, training, knowledge and empowerment for responsible environmental management and resource sustainability."
  Not-for-profit Tax Exempt Status: 501(3C) DLN 17053330310044
  lloydh...@energime.com
  48 Suncrest Blvd, Thornhill, ON, Canada
  905-707-8754
  Skype: lloyd.helferty
--
Executive Director
Resilient World Institute (RWI)
http://rwinstitute.ca/
5 Shields Court, Suite 108
Markham, Ontario, L3R 0G3
cell: 647-886-8754
--
 Co-founder, CSF Consulting Group
  and Science for Peace (SfP) CoSWoG Climate Smart Food sub-Working Group (CSFWG)
  www.facebook.com/groups/climatesmartfood/
--
 Founder, "Future Farming" group
  http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Future-Farming-4815612
--
 Chair, Community Sustainability (CoSWoG), A working group of Science for Peace
  https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8413199
  https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/coswog
--
 Core Group team member, Drawdown Toronto & Richmond Hill
  http://www.unifytoronto.ca/dialogues.html
--
 Founder, Energime-Global Cooperation Day Turtle Island
  https://www.facebook.com/groups/EGCDTI/
--
 President, Co-founder & CBI Liaison, Biochar-Ontario
  http://groups.google.com/group/biochar-ontario
  https://www.linkedin.com/groups/3329950
--
 Manager, Biochar Offsets Group:
  http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=2446475
--
 Advisory Committee Member, International Biochar Initiative (IBI)
  www.biochar-international.org

"The best way to predict the future is to create it."​ - Willy Brandt
On 2019-01-14 8:50 a.m., ashu mishra wrote:
Respected sir,

Trust this finds you well. I, Ashutosh Mishra, am currently a part of Anant Fellowship, class of 2018-19. The fellowship experience so far has been phenomenal. It is very much similar to what i had expected, very intense.

I am pleased to inform you that I have been selected as one of the 300 Delegate from all over the world to attend 22nd World Business Dialogue 2019, which will take place at University of Cologne in Germany during 18th-22nd Feb 2019. This clearly shows how difficult the selection process is. I have friends from premier institutes from the country who are still in the waiting list. This is once in a life time opportunity. I have previously attended Harvard Project for Asian & International Relations conference on full scholarship. World Business Dialogue does not directly provide a funding option for the selected delegates.

This Dialogue will not only help me in learning & networking but also help me in emerging out as a leader in the future. This will surely help me in my overall development. Additionally, I am writing this email to seek some form of support from you. I have started a fundraising campaign as well.

<https://www.ketto.org/fundraiser/help-ashutosh-represent-lgbtally-at-wbd-cologne?suppAB=B>

I am trying my best to gather resources for this event to happen. I have managed to get 35,000 INR from offline sources. Now i am striving hard for the remianing amount. Please find below my speech at Harvard University.

<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dA-RNw3iOAsppf92REr5IfRxRNCH2h8L/view>

World Business Dialogue is the world's largest International student-run business convention. Each year, the leaders of today and the leaders of tomorrow come together in Cologne, Germany and join a cross-generational and cross cultural discussion. It is a very good opportunity of networking with Notable speakers (Previous Speakers include Bill Gates, Co-chair, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Founder of Microsoft, Mark Fields US-American Manager & former CEO of Ford Motor Company, Dr. Josef Ackermann Swiss Bank manager and former CEO of Deutsche Bank, & Michael Bloomberg US-American entrepreneur and politician. Total of  55 speakers are invited to attend this Dialogue. This year WBD has started growth labs. Students will be provided with a real world problem of a company and will be asked to solve it in teams. I believe that this will definitely help me in Live Action Project and make an impact directly at Anant Fellowship.

I hereby, request you to connect me with people who you think can help in making this possible. I promise to pay back to the community and make India proud.

Please reach out to me if you need any further clarifications for the same.

Regards,

Ashutosh Mishra

Anant Fellow, Class of 2018-2019 | Anant National University

M +919953954220 | ashutos...@anu.edu.in

www.anu.edu.in/fellowship | FB: www.facebook.com/anantfellowship/

Anant_National_University_logo.png