Re: 11,000 doctors ...

Lloyd Helferty

Nov 8, 2019, 3:25:50 PM11/8/19
to solartony, Members of GaiaPC, CoSWoG - googlegroup, Biochar-Ontario, CBI (Canadian Biochar Initiative) [google]

Thanks, Tony.

 ... Sharing.

see also: https://climatezone.org/2019/11/world-scientists-warn-of-climate-emergency/

Conclusions

Mitigating and adapting to climate change while honoring the diversity of humans entails major transforma­tions in the ways our global society functions and interacts with natural ecosystems. We are encouraged by a recent surge of concern. Governmental bodies are making climate emergency declarations. Schoolchildren are strik­ing. Ecocide lawsuits are proceeding in the courts. Grassroots citizen move­ments are demanding change, and many countries, states and provinces, cities, and businesses are responding.

As the Alliance of World Scientists, we stand ready to assist decision-mak­ers in a just transition to a sustainable and equitable future. We urge wide­spread use of vital signs, which will better allow policymakers, the pri­vate sector, and the public to under­stand the magnitude of this crisis, track progress, and realign priorities for alleviating climate change. The good news is that such transforma­tive change, with social and economic justice for all, promises far greater human well-being than does business as usual. We believe that the prospects will be greatest if decision-makers and all of humanity promptly respond to this warning and declaration of a cli­mate emergency and act to sustain life on planet Earth, our only home.

Regards,

Lloyd Helferty, Engineering Technologist
Principal, Biochar Consulting (Canada)
System Leader and Sector Expert for the "Climate Smart" Platform
  & Project Development Director
Energime University
  http://energimeuniversity.org/
  A member of The Energime Family of Companies
  "Education, training, knowledge and empowerment for responsible environmental management and resource sustainability."
  Not-for-profit Tax Exempt Status: 501(3C) DLN 17053330310044
  lloydh...@energime.com
MeetMe: https://doodle.com/lhelferty
  48 Suncrest Blvd, Thornhill, ON, Canada
  905-707-8754
  Skype: lloyd.helferty
--
Executive Director
Resilient World Institute (RWI)
http://rwinstitute.ca/
5 Shields Court, Suite 108
Markham, Ontario, L3R 0G3
cell: 647-886-8754
--
 Core Group team member, Drawdown Toronto, Richmond Hill and
Co-Founder, Drawdown Markham
  https://www.facebook.com/groups/DDMarkham/
  https://www.meetup.com/Drawdown-Markham/
--
 Founder, WE-Energime-Global Cooperation Day Turtle Island
  https://www.facebook.com/groups/EGCDTI/
--
 Chair, Community Sustainability (CoSWoG), A working group of Science for Peace
  https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8413199
  https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/coswog
--
 Co-founder, CSF Consulting Group
  and Science for Peace (SfP) CoSWoG Climate Smart Food sub-Working Group (CSFWG)
  www.facebook.com/groups/climatesmartfood/
--
 Founder, "Future Farming" group
  http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Future-Farming-4815612
--
 President, Co-founder, Biochar-Ontario
  http://groups.google.com/group/biochar-ontario
  https://www.linkedin.com/groups/3329950
  A member of the Canadian Biocarbon Network (CBN)
--
 Manager, Biochar Offsets Group:
  http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=2446475
--
 Advisory Committee Member, International Biochar Initiative (IBI)
  www.biochar-international.org

"The best way to predict the future is to create it."​ - Willy Brandt
On 2019-11-06 1:57 PM, solartony wrote:
... tell yer sick, gravely ill, malaised, at the
point of dying, kick the bucket, sell the farm, and yer still
don't believe it ? ... yer ol' digger ...

peace

--
'daily: humanity has wiped out 60% of all animal populations since 1970, mammals, bird populations have declined by 3,000,000,000, that's three billion folks! in the USA alone, fish, amphibians, insects, reptiles ...

Cheers and ... eat local organic,
don't drink water out of plastic bottles (pottles),
drive/fly/wire less...much less, walk more.

Prof. Dr. Tony Pereira, Fulbright Scholar, UCLA ME Ph.D.
Professor of Engineering, Applied Science and Eco-Sustainability
Unesco Engineering Sustainability MDG Award Recipient
The Climate Reality Project, Leader

Skype, Gtalk, MSN, Gizmo VoIP: solartony
(409) 768-0120 voicemail/text

Founder - ISE - Institute for Sustainable Engineering
www.ise-now.com

Smart men
those Toltecs
for they know
how to maintain
a dialogue
with their heart.

Toltec poem circa 500 B.C.

Notice: This communication may be unlawfully collected and stored by the National Security Agency (NSA), its contractors, internet providers, subsidiaries, government agencies foreign or domestic, and agents, as well as by private parties, corporations and isp providers, in secret. The parties to this email do not consent to the retrieving or storing of this communication and any related metadata, as well as printing, copying, re-transmitting, disseminating, or otherwise using it. If you believe you have received this communication in error, please delete it immediately.