FW: your biofuel and biochar index

Ben Discoe

Jan 2, 2011, 2:55:04 AM1/2/11
to biochar...@googlegroups.com
I received this email recently, and was surprised to hear about biochar
efforts in Hawaii that i had not yet heard of. See below especially about
'Big Island Growers' with USDA grant to build an 8 m3 retort. Josiah, is
that you? Or does anyone else know who it is? And who in UH has a BEK?

-Ben

Jan 2, 2011, 5:17:34 PM1/2/11
to biochar...@googlegroups.com
Ben,

Big Island Growers is Bob Ely, the engineer I have been working with.
The 8m3 retort is being built by him to be used by me and has a BEK
computer system to operate it. You may be interested in the new
program he wrote for the unit (available at the BEK website I
believe). The UH link has the name Adam Asquith in it. Adam has been
doing some work with biochar on Kauai. I believe he even made a car
which utilized the BEK system.

Glad to see that you are still keeping up on things here in Hawaii. I
would be glad to fill you in on what has been going on lately. How
are things on the mainland?

- Josiah