Biochar Bob goes to Hawaii

Ben Discoe

Aug 8, 2012, 1:17:28 AM8/8/12
to biochar...@googlegroups.com

This wonderful video has been making the rounds on blogs and social media, and got a prominent showing at the recent USBI conference in Sonoma.  There hasn't been much activity on this (biochar-hawaii) mailing list for a while, but it may yet have a role to play, and a video like this is perfectly spot-on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugAurkFgQhs&feature=player_embedded

-Ben

Moonrise Tea Garden

Aug 8, 2012, 8:30:31 PM8/8/12
to biochar...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Ben, that was great. Hope you are well. Would be nice to see you next time you're in town.

Malama pono
_____________________
Sherri Miller
Certified Natural Farmer
Cup Of Aloha
Moonrise Tea Garden
www.MoonriseTea.com
moonr...@gmail.com
Twitter: MoonTea

Ben Discoe

Aug 9, 2012, 12:26:35 PM8/9/12
to biochar...@googlegroups.com
I'll be back on the island from August 28 to September 15. I'll be
making char, and refining my lined-pit method, which i am very happy
with; at this point i'm basically looking for ways to do the same
thing with a slightly larger volume, and less time/labor. Two of my
new ideas are making one side of the pit a movable insulated wall, and
setting the pit into a steeper hillside so that gravity makes
unloading faster and less strenuous.

I'm still looking for fire brick anywhere in the state of Hawaii. It
seems hard to find even regular brick, let alone higher-temperature
brick.

I'm bummed i missed being in Biochar Bob's Hawaii video, but alas, i
still have to spend most of my time off-island working to support the
farm.

-Ben