The Convergence will bring together an estimated 1000 people, including permaculture designers, social and environmental justice activists, community organizers, educators, speakers, individuals and organizations from not only Northern California, but the greater United States, Canada, Mexico, and Caribbean.
This year’s theme, Building Bridges, will focus on courageous conversations between diverse communities, movements, projects, and concepts and will include 100+ presenters, 7 stages, more than 10 tracks, 60+ workshops, panel discussions and breakout sessions to discuss:
- Permaculture and other regenerative Agriculture Movements
- Local and Global movements
- Ancient and Indigenous practices with modern technologies
- Youth and Elders
- Rural and Urban regions
- Racial and Ethnic Inclusion
- Social Justice and Environmental Movements
Join us as we gather together for an inspirational five days of intensive focus with a common goal: to design, build, and strengthen regenerative communities and habitats, in accordance with nature, for humans, plants, animals, the greater bioregion, and the Earth at large.
PLENTY OF OPTIONS: Both Single Day and Multi-Day tickets are available.
Whether you are a seasoned permaculturalist, a transition town activist, a community organizer, or just wanting to learn game-changing skills to live more successfully and in greater harmony with people and the planet, in addition to finding community in the process…
this Convergence is for you!
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- SKILL SHARES: Homesteading, Natural Building, Seed Saving, Food Production, Fermenting, Herbal Medicine-Making, and Many More!
- BIOREGIONAL NETWORKING: Connect with old friends, cross-pollinate, and make new connections with other allies in your local region and beyond.
- CHILDCARE AVAILABLE: The Convergence is Family friendly event! Bring your kids to the Youth Convergence offering childcare + a creative, fun, educational experience.
- DELICIOUS FOOD: Community kitchen, affordable local cuisine!
- VILLAGE COMMONS: A model resilience community including a marketplace to buy local artisan products, and interactive craftsmen and women.
- MUSIC & AFTER-HOURS ENTERTAINMENT: Tons of live music and performances TBA, and of course the Ultimate Permaculture Passion Show and other after-hours magic!
- ON-SITE CAMPING: Experience the after-hours magic at the beautiful Solar Living Institute Grounds.
Practitioners across a wide-spectrum of skill-sets exchange ideas through concurrent workshops and discussions including themes of permaculture concepts and skills, regenerative design, resilient homes and neighborhoods, movement and capacity building, regenerative business and new economy, thriving food production, leadership skills, women centered solutions, youth activities, and much more.
In addition to a plethora of workshops and amazing speakers on a diversity of topics, there will also be live music, performing artists, collaborative discussions, amazing networking, children's activities, next generation youth education, educational displays, delicious local food, a market place with local artisan vendors, and much more.
North American Permaculture Convergence
Primary sessions for the North American Permaculture Convergence (NAPC) will be Wednesday - Friday, building on the working groups and efforts from the 1st NAPC as well as the last International Permaculture Convergence held in the United Kingdom. In addition to the working groups, there will be a number of tracks, workshops, and open space geared towards sharing advanced permaculture skills and expanding efforts in the permaculture movement at large. The NAPC is a fantastic opportunity to dive in, network, and broaden your depth of connections and skills in the Permaculture Movement. Working groups for the NAPC, as well as workshop content, will also continue throughout the entire weekend.
Building Resilient Communities
As we move into the weekend, the scope of the event will broaden to include a larger set of workshops, speakers, topics, and activities geared towards the public at large. Tracks will include: Skill Building, Regenerative Design, Ecological Stewardship, Land & Housing Access, Resilient Homes & Neighborhoods, Leadership Development, Regenerative Biz & New Economy, Thriving Food Production, Inner Resilience, Women Centered Solutions, Youth Activities, Partnerships & Collaboration, and more. In addition to that there will be large group plenary sessions, open space, networking activities, and live music and performing artists... climaxing in the "Ultimate Permaculture Passion Show!" on Sunday evening.
Interested in offering a workshop? Apply now!
Priority workshop application deadline is July 10, 2016 at 5 pm.
Workshop presenters will receive a 35% discount on registration.
Offset the cost of your event registration fee, before or during
the Convergence. Available to help out now? We have
pre-event opportunities including distributing flyers in
your area, as well as web-based support. Contact us today!
Living Mandala & Many Other Community Leaders & Organizers Present
North American Permaculture & Building Resilient Communities Convergence
Sept 14-18, 2016 ~ Solar Living Institute, Hopland, CA