Preparing BOSC.

Philippe Veber

May 25, 2014, 12:47:39 PM5/25/14
to Biocaml
Hi everyone,

Thanks to Ashish, we'll soon have a slot to present biocaml to a part of the bioinformatics community. The conference is happening on July 11th-12th and up till that I'll try to devote some time on our library. Are there some of you also available to work on a new release for this date? If so then we should probably try to list some tasks and distribute them among us. We could use the list to discuss things and the wiki to report progress/changes.

Here is a list of topics I see:
- error handling: I would like to propose a slightly different policy (more balanced between exceptions and result monad), but in any case we should finish the guidelines, write them in a concise form, and check their application throughout the library
- converge on stream programming, and propose guidelines for linear format reading
- improve the website (put a bootstrap-like presentation for instance, and mention the key features of the library)
- improve some modules (personally I should really take care of GenomeMap and Entrez).

Cheers,
  Philippe.