Commit notifications

Philippe Veber

Dec 20, 2012, 5:18:33 AM12/20/12
to Biocaml
I don't receive commit notifications by emails though I'm watching the biocaml/biocaml repo on github. Do you guys know where I can set this up?
Thanks!
ph.

Ashish Agarwal

Dec 20, 2012, 9:21:17 AM12/20/12
to bio...@googlegroups.com
If you click your name in the upper right, then click Edit Your Profile, then click Notification Center on the left, there are a few basic settings, but you can't do anything to precise. I don't get emails for new commits either.

Philippe Veber

Dec 20, 2012, 10:52:55 AM12/20/12
to bio...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Ashish!
I had also noticed this settings menu, but it is set up adequately already. I thought maybe as an administrator of the repo you could something, but checking on my own repos I see nothing to enable commit notifications. That's really strange, I receive commit notifications from opam-repository all the time!

2012/12/20 Ashish Agarwal <agarw...@gmail.com>

Ashish Agarwal

Dec 20, 2012, 10:59:36 AM12/20/12
to bio...@googlegroups.com
sup...@github.com is quite responsive. Let us know if you figure it out. Github's notifications have always been erratic for me too.

Philippe Veber

Dec 20, 2012, 11:26:33 AM12/20/12
to bio...@googlegroups.com
done!

2012/12/20 Ashish Agarwal <agarw...@gmail.com>

Philippe Veber

Dec 21, 2012, 1:35:00 AM12/21/12
to bio...@googlegroups.com
Very responsive indeed, I already got an answer:

> Sorry for the trouble - to receive notifications for an organization repository, each user could be added to
> an Admin or Push team for the biocaml/biocaml repository.  Owners don't get notifications for organization
> repositories by default [1].
> [1] https://help.github.com/articles/what-are-the-different-access-permissions, and in particular:

Here is the relevant paragraph on the page:

Good to know: Owners do not receive notifications for the organization's repositories by default. To receive notifications, create an Admin or Push team and add the owners and repositories for which notifications are desired.

I don't think I have the permissions to do that. Could you have a try when you have some time?

Cheers,
  Philippe.

Ashish Agarwal

Jan 1, 2013, 6:35:33 PM1/1/13
to bio...@googlegroups.com
You are already on the team "biocaml-dev", which grants Push & Pull access to the biocaml repo. You are not an owner of the biocaml organization however. Are both required? That would be odd.

Philippe Veber

Jan 2, 2013, 5:07:41 AM1/2/13
to bio...@googlegroups.com
I don't think so either. I've just sent a message to github support with the information you provided. Let's see then!

2013/1/2 Ashish Agarwal <agarw...@gmail.com>

Ashish Agarwal

Jan 3, 2013, 12:24:00 PM1/3/13
to bio...@googlegroups.com
Hi all. To resolve Philippe's request, I've created a new biocaml-commits mailing list. Feel free to subscribe if you want to be notified every time there is a push to the main repo.