Reproportion circular tree

Kirston Barton

Mar 15, 2016, 5:23:28 AM3/15/16
to ggtree
I have created a circular tree using ggtree with symbols for each sequence. Currently, the branches are rather long and the symbols are overlapping making the tree difficult to read. I would like to enlarge the center space of the tree to separate the symbols and to make the tree easier to read, but I am having trouble finding the right command. Is there any way to increase the percentage of the circles that is occupied by white space in the center? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards, Kirston

Guangchuang Yu

Mar 15, 2016, 5:56:23 AM3/15/16
to ggtree

try using xlim to allocate space in the center.

require(ggtree)

set.seed(2016-03-15)
tr=rtree(50)
p = ggtree(tr, layout='circular')
p2 = p + xlim(-5, NA)
multiplot(p, p2, ncol=2)

Kirston Barton

Mar 23, 2016, 2:39:14 AM3/23/16
to ggtree
Hi Guangchuang,

Thank you for posting a response. This is working perfectly!!

Kind regards,
Kirston