confirmation of your BioBarCamp attendance ASAP!

Attila Csordas

Jul 28, 2008, 10:01:24 PM7/28/08
to bioba...@googlegroups.com
Dear BioBarCamper,

Thanks for signing up!

I am writing to confirm your registration for the upcoming BioBarCamp unconference.  (Sorry for sending this email 2x to some people, but it includes new questions about the catering)

Please answer to
bioba...@googlegroups.com in order to make the confirmation process more transparent otherwise you can send your reply to me if you prefer to keep your email address private.

The unconference starts on the 6th, Wednesday at 12.30pm at The Institute for the Future, 124 University Avenue, Palo Alto, California 94301, second floor. The programme (still subject to change) can be seen here: http://barcamp.org/BioBarCamp

On Wednesday we have an introductory session during which session topics and speakers will be suggested and voted on by the attendees followed by a keynote talk by Jon Trowbridge, Google Inc.

Also some of us plan to held a DIYBioDIY demo at 9.00am - 12.00am on the 6th: activity and venue will be confirmed later.

Remember, this is an unconference: "there is no agenda until .. the attendees made one up." so please think about session ideas and make short presentations/slideshows if needed.

Concerning catering: do you have any vegan/vegetarian preferences?

If you would like to participate in a joint dinner (not covered by our budget) with other Campers on the 6th and/or 7th, please indicate that in your reply with your preferences to help us with the reservations.

Sharing BBCamp on the web: http://friendfeed.com/rooms/biobarcamp

Recording, streaming policies: It is usually ok to make videos or audios for the benefit of those who are unable to join. If any presenter, session organizer has concerns about being videotaped during BBCamp please inform the participants right at the beginning of the particular session.

If you are not able to attend the conference, please let us know that ASAP as we have already 6 people on the waiting list and their numbers are growing!

Voluntary individual donations are still very welcome in the range of $50 as we have to cover the meals and refreshments!

Contributions may be made by mailing a Check to:

BioBarCamp c/o Gahaga Biosciences

4539 Metropolitan Court

Frederick, MD 21704

or this PayPal account:  ha...@gahaga.com

Looking forward to meeting you in Palo Alto,

Attila Csordas,
instigator of BioBarCamp

Mackenzie Cowell

Jul 28, 2008, 10:40:12 PM7/28/08
to bioba...@googlegroups.com
I'll be there.

Eva Amsen

Jul 29, 2008, 12:30:47 AM7/29/08
to bioba...@googlegroups.com
I'll be at IFTF at 12:30 on Wednesday, with the name stickers and
Sharpies (DIYBioers will have to DIYNameTag)
Also, I'm vegetarian, and I'm pretty much offline until then
(occasionally checking e-mail)

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 10:01 PM, Attila Csordas

Neylon, DC (Cameron)

Jul 29, 2008, 5:26:19 AM7/29/08
to Attila Csordas
Attila

Just to confirm I will be attending. I'm arriving on the evening of the 5th so may be around for DIYBio session and am staying at the Wild Palms hotel. Am interested in dinner &c on 6th and 7th. No dietary requirements.

Cheers

Cameron

for the Future<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=institue+for+the+future+&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=31.701751,72.421875&ie=UTF8&ll=37.560908,-122.178955&spn=0.495316,1.131592&z=10&iwloc=A>,

*

or this PayPal account: ha...@gahaga.com
Looking forward to meeting you in Palo Alto,

Attila Csordas,
instigator of BioBarCamp

<http://pimm.wordpress.com>

Kaitlin Thaney

Jul 29, 2008, 7:27:05 AM7/29/08
to Attila Csordas, bioba...@googlegroups.com
I'll be there! No dietary restrictions / preferences, and interested in dinner on the night of the 6th, if anyone's up for it.

Looking forward to the event next week,
Kaitlin

--
--------------------------------------
Kaitlin Thaney

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 10:01 PM, Attila Csordas <attila...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
--------------------------------------
Kaitlin Thaney
Project Manager
Science Commons, a project of Creative Commons
http://sciencecommons.org
http://creativecommons.org
kai...@creativecommons.org
--------------------------------------

Joel Dudley

Jul 29, 2008, 3:25:12 PM7/29/08
to Attila Csordas, bioba...@googlegroups.com
I am confirming my attendance.

Thanks,

Joel Dudley

=============Email Policy=============
I now only check mail at the following times:
- 8 a.m., Noon, 5 p.m. Mon-Fri
- 8 a.m. Sat-Sun
If this is a true emergency, or you require an
immediate response from me, please contact
me via my mobile phone: (408) 464-8258
====================================

Razib

Jul 29, 2008, 7:18:41 PM7/29/08
to bioba...@googlegroups.com
This is Razib Khan. Turns out I can only make it to the 6th. Should I
cancel, or can I come to one day and free up a slot for someone on the
7th?

Best
Razib

Attila Csordas

Jul 29, 2008, 8:30:38 PM7/29/08
to bioba...@googlegroups.com
Razib,

I think that's ok if you only come on the 6th.

Attila
--
Attila Csordas
research scientist

Attila Csordas

Jul 29, 2008, 10:51:06 PM7/29/08
to bioba...@googlegroups.com
So we have Sarah Kummerfeld and Razib Khan visiting only on Wednesday, that means that the next 2 people on the waiting list
  1. Silvia Santos (Ferrel lab)
  2. Gerry Cagney http://proteomics.ucd.ie/members.html
can be there on Thursday, whole day, which is the main programme of BBCamp.

Honestly I feel kinda weird about the step-by-step waiting list manoeuvres as BBCamp is not an Apple Store where people waiting for the next generation video-out and RFID-enabled iPhones but just an exciting unconference with a serious capacity restriction. I do hope that all the current 5 waiting list people can visit.

We still have at least 8 unavailable people, please help reach them to confirm their attendance May Wang, Peter Binfield, Bess Ho, Rod Falcon, Kristi Miller, Joe Kaufman, Michelle Cadieux

Attila

Amanda

Jul 30, 2008, 11:02:52 AM7/30/08
to BioBarCamp
I think I already replied to this via email. But I plan on attending.

Amanda

On Jul 29, 10:51 pm, "Attila Csordas" <attilacsor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So we have Sarah Kummerfeld and Razib Khan visiting only on Wednesday, that
> means that the next 2 people on the waiting list
>
> 1. Silvia Santos (Ferrel lab <http://www.stanford.edu/group/ferrelllab/>)
> 2. Gerry Cagneyhttp://proteomics.ucd.ie/members.html
>
> can be there on Thursday, whole day, which is the main programme of BBCamp.
>
> Honestly I feel kinda weird about the step-by-step waiting list manoeuvres
> as BBCamp is not an Apple Store where people waiting for the next generation
> video-out and RFID-enabled iPhones but just an exciting unconference with a
> serious capacity restriction. I do hope that all the current 5 waiting list
> people can visit.
>
> We still have at least 8 unavailable people, please help reach them to
> confirm their attendance *May Wang, Peter Binfield, Bess Ho, Rod Falcon,
> Kristi Miller, Joe Kaufman, Michelle Cadieux *

Bryan Bishop

Jul 30, 2008, 1:46:21 PM7/30/08
to bioba...@googlegroups.com
On Monday 28 July 2008, Attila Csordas wrote:
> Dear BioBarCamper,
>
> Thanks for signing up!
>
> I am writing to confirm your registration for the upcoming BioBarCamp
> unconference. (Sorry for sending this email 2x to some people, but
> it includes new questions about the catering)

Yep.

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
Engineers: http://heybryan.org/exp.html
irc.freenode.net #hplusroadmap

krash63

Jul 30, 2008, 3:00:55 PM7/30/08
to BioBarCamp
Confirming attendance and dinner on Aug 6, unsure about 7th
presently. No special meal requirements.

On Jul 28, 9:01 pm, "Attila Csordas" <attilacsor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear BioBarCamper,
>
> Thanks for signing up!
>
> I am writing to confirm your registration for the upcoming BioBarCamp
> unconference.  (Sorry for sending this email 2x to some people, but it
> includes new questions about the catering)
>
> Please answer to bioba...@googlegroups.com in order to make the
> confirmation process more transparent otherwise you can send your reply to
> me if you prefer to keep your email address private.
>
> The unconference starts on the 6th, Wednesday at 12.30pm at The Institute
> for the Future<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=institue+for+the+fut...>,
> 124 University Avenue, Palo Alto, California 94301, second floor. The
> programme (still subject to change) can be seen here:http://barcamp.org/BioBarCamp
>
> On Wednesday we have an introductory session during which session topics and
> speakers will be suggested and voted on by the attendees followed by a
> keynote talk by Jon Trowbridge, Google Inc.
>
> Also some of us plan to held a DIYBioDIY demo at 9.00am - 12.00am on the
> 6th: activity and venue will be confirmed later.
>
> Remember, this is an unconference<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unconference>:
> "there is no agenda until .. the attendees made one up." so please think
> about session ideas and make short presentations/slideshows if needed.
>
> Concerning catering: do you have any vegan/vegetarian preferences?
>
> If you would like to participate in a joint dinner (not covered by our
> budget) with other Campers on the 6th and/or 7th, please indicate that in
> your reply with your preferences to help us with the reservations.
>
> Sharing BBCamp on the web:http://friendfeed.com/rooms/biobarcamp
>
> Recording, streaming policies: It is usually ok to make videos or audios for
> the benefit of those who are unable to join. If any presenter, session
> organizer has concerns about being videotaped during BBCamp please inform
> the participants right at the beginning of the particular session.
>
> *If you are not able to attend the conference, please let us know that ASAP
> as we have already 6 people on the waiting list and their numbers are
> growing!*
>
> *Voluntary individual donations are still very welcome in the range of $50
> as we have to cover the meals and refreshments!*
>
> Contributions may be made by mailing a Check to:
>
> BioBarCamp c/o Gahaga Biosciences
>
> 4539 Metropolitan Court
>
> Frederick, MD 21704*
> *
>
> or this PayPal account:  ha...@gahaga.com
> Looking forward to meeting you in Palo Alto,
>
> Attila Csordas,
> instigator of BioBarCamp
>
> <http://pimm.wordpress.com>

Alexis Madrigal

Jul 30, 2008, 4:45:03 PM7/30/08
to bioba...@googlegroups.com
I'm actually only going to be able to make the the 6th. Video shoot
unexpectedly scheduled for the 7th.

ACM

Shai Shen-Orr

Jul 31, 2008, 1:41:34 PM7/31/08
to BioBarCamp
I'll be there. WIll miss the DIYBio thing. Likely will have also
have to miss session 3 on the 7th. Not sure about dinner.
Shai

On Jul 28, 7:01 pm, "Attila Csordas" <attilacsor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear BioBarCamper,
>
> Thanks for signing up!
>
> I am writing to confirm your registration for the upcoming BioBarCamp
> unconference.  (Sorry for sending this email 2x to some people, but it
> includes new questions about the catering)
>
> Please answer to bioba...@googlegroups.com in order to make the
> confirmation process more transparent otherwise you can send your reply to
> me if you prefer to keep your email address private.
>
> The unconference starts on the 6th, Wednesday at 12.30pm at The Institute
> for the Future<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=institue+for+the+fut...>,
> 124 University Avenue, Palo Alto, California 94301, second floor. The
> programme (still subject to change) can be seen here:http://barcamp.org/BioBarCamp
>
> On Wednesday we have an introductory session during which session topics and
> speakers will be suggested and voted on by the attendees followed by a
> keynote talk by Jon Trowbridge, Google Inc.
>
> Also some of us plan to held a DIYBioDIY demo at 9.00am - 12.00am on the
> 6th: activity and venue will be confirmed later.
>
> Remember, this is an unconference<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unconference>:
> "there is no agenda until .. the attendees made one up." so please think
> about session ideas and make short presentations/slideshows if needed.
>
> Concerning catering: do you have any vegan/vegetarian preferences?
>
> If you would like to participate in a joint dinner (not covered by our
> budget) with other Campers on the 6th and/or 7th, please indicate that in
> your reply with your preferences to help us with the reservations.
>
> Sharing BBCamp on the web:http://friendfeed.com/rooms/biobarcamp
>
> Recording, streaming policies: It is usually ok to make videos or audios for
> the benefit of those who are unable to join. If any presenter, session
> organizer has concerns about being videotaped during BBCamp please inform
> the participants right at the beginning of the particular session.
>
> *If you are not able to attend the conference, please let us know that ASAP
> as we have already 6 people on the waiting list and their numbers are
> growing!*
>
> *Voluntary individual donations are still very welcome in the range of $50
> as we have to cover the meals and refreshments!*
>
> Contributions may be made by mailing a Check to:
>
> BioBarCamp c/o Gahaga Biosciences
>
> 4539 Metropolitan Court
>
> Frederick, MD 21704*
> *
>
> or this PayPal account:  ha...@gahaga.com
> Looking forward to meeting you in Palo Alto,
>
> Attila Csordas,
> instigator of BioBarCamp
>
> <http://pimm.wordpress.com>

Victor Hanson-Smith

Jul 31, 2008, 3:03:35 PM7/31/08
to BioBarCamp
Yikes, I just learned I can't attend. . .
Hopefully, someone on the waiting list can fill my spot and have a
great time.

Cheers,
Victor Hanson-Smith

On Jul 28, 7:01 pm, "Attila Csordas" <attilacsor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear BioBarCamper,
>
> Thanks for signing up!
>
> I am writing to confirm your registration for the upcoming BioBarCamp
> unconference. (Sorry for sending this email 2x to some people, but it
> includes new questions about the catering)
>
> Please answer to bioba...@googlegroups.com in order to make the
> confirmation process more transparent otherwise you can send your reply to
> me if you prefer to keep your email address private.
>
> The unconference starts on the 6th, Wednesday at 12.30pm at The Institute
> for the Future<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=institue+for+the+fut...>,
> 124 University Avenue, Palo Alto, California 94301, second floor. The
> programme (still subject to change) can be seen here:http://barcamp.org/BioBarCamp
>
> On Wednesday we have an introductory session during which session topics and
> speakers will be suggested and voted on by the attendees followed by a
> keynote talk by Jon Trowbridge, Google Inc.
>
> Also some of us plan to held a DIYBioDIY demo at 9.00am - 12.00am on the
> 6th: activity and venue will be confirmed later.
>
> Remember, this is an unconference<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unconference>:
> "there is no agenda until .. the attendees made one up." so please think
> about session ideas and make short presentations/slideshows if needed.
>
> Concerning catering: do you have any vegan/vegetarian preferences?
>
> If you would like to participate in a joint dinner (not covered by our
> budget) with other Campers on the 6th and/or 7th, please indicate that in
> your reply with your preferences to help us with the reservations.
>
> Sharing BBCamp on the web:http://friendfeed.com/rooms/biobarcamp
>
> Recording, streaming policies: It is usually ok to make videos or audios for
> the benefit of those who are unable to join. If any presenter, session
> organizer has concerns about being videotaped during BBCamp please inform
> the participants right at the beginning of the particular session.
>
> *If you are not able to attend the conference, please let us know that ASAP
> as we have already 6 people on the waiting list and their numbers are
> growing!*
>
> *Voluntary individual donations are still very welcome in the range of $50
> as we have to cover the meals and refreshments!*
>
> Contributions may be made by mailing a Check to:
>
> BioBarCamp c/o Gahaga Biosciences
>
> 4539 Metropolitan Court
>
> Frederick, MD 21704*
> *
>
> or this PayPal account: ha...@gahaga.com
> Looking forward to meeting you in Palo Alto,
>
> Attila Csordas,
> instigator of BioBarCamp
>
> <http://pimm.wordpress.com>

shwu

Jul 31, 2008, 6:18:03 PM7/31/08
to BioBarCamp
I'll be attending both days, but only dinner on the 7th.

I'm organizing dinner arrangements however, so please do RSVP with
your dinner attendance on the 6th AND 7th. Some of these places need
an exact head count by Monday or Tuesday and some will charge us by 10-
person table regardless of whether we fill up the table.

Thanks,
Shirley Wu

On Jul 31, 12:03 pm, Victor Hanson-Smith <victorhansonsm...@gmail.com>

Pete Binfield

Aug 1, 2008, 1:48:36 PM8/1/08
to BioBarCamp
I will be there (sorry for not confirming earlier).

I can do dinner on the 6th.

Pete Binfield

the1geek

Aug 4, 2008, 6:38:36 PM8/4/08
to BioBarCamp
I registered late but i'll be there early to help out also.

~newton

On Jul 28, 7:01 pm, "Attila Csordas" <attilacsor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear BioBarCamper,
>
> Thanks for signing up!
>
> I am writing to confirm your registration for the upcoming BioBarCamp
> unconference. (Sorry for sending this email 2x to some people, but it
> includes new questions about the catering)
>
> Please answer to bioba...@googlegroups.com in order to make the
> confirmation process more transparent otherwise you can send your reply to
> me if you prefer to keep your email address private.
>
> The unconference starts on the 6th, Wednesday at 12.30pm at The Institute
> for the Future<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=institue+for+the+fut...>,
> 124 University Avenue, Palo Alto, California 94301, second floor. The
> programme (still subject to change) can be seen here:http://barcamp.org/BioBarCamp
>
> On Wednesday we have an introductory session during which session topics and
> speakers will be suggested and voted on by the attendees followed by a
> keynote talk by Jon Trowbridge, Google Inc.
>
> Also some of us plan to held a DIYBioDIY demo at 9.00am - 12.00am on the
> 6th: activity and venue will be confirmed later.
>
> Remember, this is an unconference<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unconference>:
> "there is no agenda until .. the attendees made one up." so please think
> about session ideas and make short presentations/slideshows if needed.
>
> Concerning catering: do you have any vegan/vegetarian preferences?
>
> If you would like to participate in a joint dinner (not covered by our
> budget) with other Campers on the 6th and/or 7th, please indicate that in
> your reply with your preferences to help us with the reservations.
>
> Sharing BBCamp on the web:http://friendfeed.com/rooms/biobarcamp
>
> Recording, streaming policies: It is usually ok to make videos or audios for
> the benefit of those who are unable to join. If any presenter, session
> organizer has concerns about being videotaped during BBCamp please inform
> the participants right at the beginning of the particular session.
>
> *If you are not able to attend the conference, please let us know that ASAP
> as we have already 6 people on the waiting list and their numbers are
> growing!*
>
> *Voluntary individual donations are still very welcome in the range of $50
> as we have to cover the meals and refreshments!*
>
> Contributions may be made by mailing a Check to:
>
> BioBarCamp c/o Gahaga Biosciences
>
> 4539 Metropolitan Court
>
> Frederick, MD 21704*
> *
>
> or this PayPal account: ha...@gahaga.com
> Looking forward to meeting you in Palo Alto,
>
> Attila Csordas,
> instigator of BioBarCamp
>
> <http://pimm.wordpress.com>

Attila Csordas

Aug 4, 2008, 6:42:51 PM8/4/08
to bioba...@googlegroups.com
I put you on the waiting list Newton as we have a serious capacity restriction at IFTF (75 people), so we have to wait till somebody else steps back.

Attila

Attila Csordas

Aug 4, 2008, 6:47:51 PM8/4/08
to bioba...@googlegroups.com
Practically we are full and I wanted to close down the list completely (no more waiting list), but still want to wait 1 more day with that, so maybe there will be 1-2 more slots on Thursday. Wednesday is full.

Attila