Fwd: [BioBarCamp] Re: Catering outline and budget attached

John Cumbers Gmail

Aug 1, 2008, 11:58:31 PM8/1/08
to bioba...@googlegroups.com

Hi shirley,
A thought.. Could we switch wed and thu nights' restaurants and loose the drinks reception on thu night instead I we'd?  I think we would get more benefit out of a drinks reception on the first night than the second, when more people might drift off
Just a thought
Either is fine
Cheers
John

On Aug 1, 2008, at 10:33, "John Cumbers" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote:

we've not bought the drinks yet, so that would work if easiest,  it's already only 45 mins so shorter would be too short I think...  maybe the drinks could run later on the Thursday, until 6.45 and then dinner at 7pm instead?

cheers,
John

John Cumbers, Graduate Student, SETI Institute

NASA Ames Research Center
Mail Stop 239-20, Bldg N239 Rm 371 Moffett Field, CA 94035, USA.
cell +1 (401) 523 8190, fax +1 (650) 604-1088

Graduate Program in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, and Biochemistry
Brown University, Box G-W Providence, RI, 02912, USA

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 10:25 AM, shwu <appl...@gmail.com> wrote:

John and Attila,

In the event that we can't get a very exact headcount, we should
probably go with The Cheesecake Factory on the 6th - but they require
us to be there by 6:15 at the latest (actually 6, but I will try to
persuade them). The drinks reception is supposed to go from 5:45-6:15,
so how do you feel about either moving up the schedule 15 minutes,
shortening the reception by 10 min, or doing away with the drinks
reception on the first day (if this is still possible - not sure if
you have bought everything already)? We don't have to decide until
Monday or Tuesday but just want to see if this scenario is ok for our
schedule. It may be easier just to decide now, though.

-Shirley