PlenZA - BinarySpace fork of Plen

Tom Van den Bon

Dec 18, 2015, 6:55:47 AM12/18/15
to binar...@googlegroups.com, house...@googlegroups.com, Andries Smuts
Hey Guys,

So we (BinarySpace) are big fans of the Plen (http://plen.jp/) robot. Unfortunately the motors used in the original Plen are hard to find and/or expensive. We decided to create our own version of the Plen called the PlenZA. It's essentially the original plen, but modified for different cheaper 9g motors that are very much everywhere, especially in SA.

Andries Smuts, one of our BinarySpace members have modified the original files and we have been printing and testing.

Here are some pics:

Inline image 2Inline image 3

We also have some quick videos of the first movements:

All the mechanical files can be found here:

We are currently looking at the original electronics, but we are also keen on designing our own.

--
Tom Van den Bon