2015-10-09 Meeting notes

Adam Eijdenberg

Oct 9, 2015, 11:05:15 AM10/9/15
to binary-tr...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Thanks for taking the time to chat today.

I took the following high-level notes:
  • Open-source CT code should now build better on non-Linux platforms (such as FreeBSD, Mac OS X) now.  See "Building with gclient" section of Readme.md.
  • Leaning towards storing digests rather than binaries in logs for at least 3 reasons: size, proprietary, consequences of take-downs.
  • Link to previous doc by Ed on Binary Transparency in FreeBSD.
  • We expect a single log to be able to handle submissions for different packaging systems so we should design a common metadata format.
  • As a strawman we can use a different key-pair for log submission than release keys.
Action items:
  • Al and Adam to think about how to modify the CT codebase to accept arbitrary data authenticated with a public/private key-pair that we can use to experiment with.
  • Ed and dkg to start a proposal for a common metadata format.
Look forward to chatting in 2 weeks.

Cheers, Adam