Mint hack

Ben Laurie

Feb 21, 2016, 9:45:22 AM2/21/16
to binary-tr...@googlegroups.com
Interesting to consider how BT might have helped with this:

We've discussed ISOs before, they seem like a harder problem than package installers...

Eric Myhre

Feb 24, 2016, 9:28:32 PM2/24/16
to Ben Laurie, binary-tr...@googlegroups.com
There's a quote from Clem (the Mint maintainer) in the comments section that's very, well, quotable:

> What really helps here is duplication and the community.
> We were alerted very fast and we were able to be alerted
> because people could find contradicting MD5s (and that’s
> mostly because the MD5s aren’t just in one place, but in
> many).

(Not sure if folks saw this earlier; it appears to have been edited in and as such I'm not sure when it first appeared.)