Welcome and next steps

bikinginla

Apr 13, 2010, 2:33:11 AM4/13/10
to League of Bicycling Voters LA
Just want to take a moment to welcome everyone who has joined
recently. This is a confederacy of equals, so feel free to jump in
anytime with questions, comments or suggestions.

A few quick updates.

As you may be aware, we plan to reach out to the other major biking
organizations in the area and ask them to nominate someone to
represent them on our board of directors. So if you are a member, or
know someone who is a member, of the Wheelmen, C.I.C.L.E., LaGrange,
South Bay Bicycle Coalition, etc, let us know who we should contact to
discuss it.

We have a number of LACBC members in the group already — and feel free
to invite more to join — and Roadblock has volunteered to represent
the Midnight Ridazz. Unfortunately, Bikeside has declined to
participate.

Also, we have a blog at www.bikevotela.org. If someone has the time
and interest to dress it up and add a few brief updates each week, we
could definitely use a volunteer.

The same goes for a logo, if anyone would like to apply their artistic
skills to design something that combines biking and voting in some way
(hey, I never said it would be easy).

And as we move forward, we need to start thinking about such thing as
bylaws, dues, etc. We may want to form a committee — virtual or
otherwise — to start building a framework for this organization prior
to our initial meeting on May 15th.

Finally, please reach out to every cyclist you know and ask them to
sign up!

Ted

ubrayj02

Apr 13, 2010, 10:51:48 PM4/13/10
to League of Bicycling Voters LA
I'd like some suggestions for the site. I have been thinking of all
sorts of stuff, but what should I add to it?