Grand Unofficial Opening of Santa Monica Bike Corrals!

richard mckinnon

Mar 22, 2012, 6:42:34 PM3/22/12
Grand Unofficial Opening of Santa Monica Bike Corrals

You are cordially invited to the Grand Unofficial opening of Santa Monica first on-street bike corrals.

Part of Santa Monica's big new Bike Plan the corrals were installed last week. No good turn should ever go unannounced or un-celebrated so its time the corrals were unofficially opened by bike riders, community representatives, political types and the general public.

Join in on Saturday morning at the bike corrals between 11 and 12 for coffee, muffins, balloons, music, ribbon cutting, speeches, politicians, drum rolls, bike type activities, media coverage, lights, cameras. And more. Much more!  It's a party!  Be there.

Spoke, a sponsor of the Opening and Santa Monica's Bike organization have organized a group bike ride from the Bike Center at 10.30 to arrive in time for the opening.

Santa Monica Bike Corrals
Grand Unofficial Opening
Saturday 11 am
2439 Main Street

Outside Peets at the Edgemar Center
(on the Main Street bike lanes)

Spoke info update

richard mckinnon
chair, citizen action to unofficially open the Bike Corrals
bike rider
member, planning commission

1007 5th street, apt b
santa monica, ca 90403
310 451 2193
310 403 1505 cell

Damien Newton

Mar 22, 2012, 7:15:22 PM3/22/12
to bikev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Richard,

Good to hear from you!  I hope you've been enjoying Gary's weekly Santa Monica coverage for Streetsblog.  I can't make it on Saturday, but if you send me a picture I can do a short on Monday.  It would help to have an SM article before right before our fundraiser on Tuesday.
--
Damien Newton
Founding Editor, Los Angeles Streetsblog