[BC] New Lupine and Dinotte models

Andy Smale

Feb 28, 2007, 2:04:40 PM2/28/07
to bikec...@topica.com

I discovered this blog just recently - seems to have privileged access
to some preproduction lights from Dinotte and Lupine at least. Dinoote
have just officially announced an impressive 500 lumen LED light head,
but it appears Lupine have quickly stamped on that with a remarkable (if
true!) 830 lumens for their new Wilma. Not sure how many LEDs it has
but if it's just four like the previous Wilma then they must be "top
bin" and/or driven damned hard...

http://acidinmylegs.blogspot.com/

http://www.topica.com/?p=TEXFOOTER

Anthony King

Feb 28, 2007, 2:09:13 PM2/28/07
to andy_...@hotmail.com, bikec...@topica.com
I've also been watching 500L and new Wilma developments.  We carry a small selection of lights, but we try to have the very best.  I have a 500L on the way from DiNotte which should arrive as early as today.  The new Wilma should be available in about three weeks.  I'll have one of those as soon as they're available.  I'll give me impressions after testing the lights.

Anthony King
Trinity Bicycles
437 E. Pioneer Dr. #160
Irving, TX 75061
972.721.7090 p
972.721.7050 f
trinitybicycles.com

Steven Heimann

Feb 28, 2007, 6:29:58 PM2/28/07
to bikec...@topica.com

Lupine web site says 380 lumens not 830

4 x 3w LEDS

http://www.lupine.de/en/products/komplett/wilma4.html

Regards
Steven

Zach Kaplan

Mar 1, 2007, 12:23:17 PM3/1/07
to bikec...@topica.com
${top_text_ad}
> Steven Heimann <ste...@heimann.com.au> wrote:

> Lupine web site says 380 lumens not 830
>
> 4 x 3w LEDS
>
> http://www.lupine.de/en/products/komplett/wilma4.html
>
> Regards
> Steven

It looks like the version using the new LEDs will be 750 lumens and
the old ones will be retrofittable. Here is a post from the Lupine
general discussion forum on their website:

> Stefan
> Administrator
>

> Joined: 28 Nov 2005
> Location: Burgthann

> The first ever WILMA upgrade will be available in 4 - 6 weeks.
> All existing Wilma lights ( 380 Lumens and 420 Lumens versions) can
> be upgraded to 750 Lumens.
>
> The upgrade kit at aprox. 120€ will include a new led plate with 4
> new LEDs, a new fitting lens and a tool to open the screws.
> You will be able to fit the upgrade by your self and there is no
> way to damage your light by this.
>
> Note: Only the brightness is increasing, the runtime and all other
> functions stay the same. 750 Lumens is as bright or even brighter
> than most HID lights.

Zach Kaplan Cycles
Alameda, Northern California, North America
510-522-BENT (2368)
zaka...@earthlink.net

${bottom_text_ad}

Or send an email to: bikecurrent...@topica.com