Please sign and share the petition: Let's pilot protected bike lanes on Cameron Ave in Chapel Hill

John Rees

Sep 23, 2023, 1:12:22 PM9/23/23
to Bike Chapel Hill - BikeChapelHill.com
Hi!
In late August the Triangle Blog Blog launched a petition to ask Chapel Hill Town Council to pilot protected bike lanes on Cameron Avenue.

We'd love your help in spreading the word about the petition.

How to help
1. Please sign and then share the petition with your friends, classmates, and colleagues

The link for the petition is here: https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/bike-safety-cant-wait-lets-pilot-protected-bike-lanes-on-cameron/

The link to the blog post explaining the rationale for the petition is here: https://triangleblogblog.com/2023/08/25/we-have-been-waiting-forty-five-years-for-safe-bike-lanes-on-cameron-we-cant-wait-any-longer/
We would love for you to share this in your newsletter or through your listserv or community group, if you run one. Feel free to forward this email to anyone you know who commutes to UNC, or might in the future when safer infrastructure exists. We want as many bikers and walkers in Chapel Hill and Carrboro to sign onto this effort. So far, students, faculty, staff and community members have all signed.

After years of delay, the Town of Chapel Hill is finally moving forward with building protected bike lanes on Cameron Avenue. Hooray!
But current plans involve using federal funding, which means it will be at least another two years before any improvements are made. That's too long to wait!

The local civics blog Triangle Blog Blog is asking the Chapel Hill Town Council to approve a pilot project to install protected bike lanes on Cameron Avenue as soon as possible. This pilot project will make Cameron Avenue safer for bike riders, mobility scooter users, and walkers, and help inform the development of permanent protected bike lanes.

With your help, we can ask Town Council to pilot the project and make Cameron Avenue safer. Please sign! https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/bike-safety-cant-wait-lets-pilot-protected-bike-lanes-on-cameron/

bike-lanes.png