Meetings on the The Estes Dr Connectivity Project

1 view

Bicycle Alliance Chapel Hill

Aug 3, 2021, 5:03:36 PM8/3/21
to Bike Chapel Hill - BikeChapelHill.com
Hi all, we are sharing two upcoming meetings about the super cool Estes drive project. We haven’t see anything like this in a long time.  We are excited o see a significant project of this scope break ground.  Considering attending one of the two public meetings coming up to understand the project. The link at the end will take you to the zoom sign up details.

The Town will host two updates about the Estes Drive Connectivity Project, the expected construction schedule, and its impacts on traffic flow on Estes Drive. The presentation will help to explain the details of the current construction management plan and  final project plans.

Wednesday, August 4th, 6:30 PM - 8 PM: Virtual Public Information Meeting

Thursday, August 5th, 11:30 AM - 1 PM: Virtual Drop-In Question and Answer Session

Project Overview
The Estes Dr Connectivity Project includes raised bike lanes from Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd to Caswell Rd, a sidewalk on the south side and a 10' multiuse path on the north side. The project also includes intersection improvements at Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd, and bike lanes extending onto Estes Extension. There will be enhanced crossing opportunities along the length of the project, including Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacons (RRFBs), similar to those on Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. and Franklin St.

Below is a map of the project area identifying the existing conditions.