Weekend - events - Parade tomorrow!

John Rees

Dec 8, 2023, 4:06:23 PM12/8/23
to Bike Chapel Hill - BikeChapelHill.com
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 9
Ride bikes in the Holiday Parade!
10:00 a.m., 140 West Franklin St.

Ride with BikeCarrboro, BACH (Bicycle Alliance of Chapel Hill), and other cycling organizations in this year’s Holiday Parade. Bring your own bike group. Decorate your bike! The bike groups will also be collecting non perishable food items for area food kitchens. If you have a cargo bike or trailer, bring it along to help with the transport of the donations! Kid friendly, we ride very slowly.

Want to join us but don't want to ride? We need a few people to walk and carry our banner. Please send an email to bikeca...@gmail.com if you can help with that.

We will be assembling near 140 West Plaza on Franklin (across from the Target).

Look for the people on bikes with bells, decorations, and ready to have fun, and join in! Parade starts at 10:00 AM, be there by 9:30. Sign up to ride below (or just show up).

Happening Sunday!

SUNDAY, DECEMBER 10Santa Sleighs Hunger Rideand Trek Town Hall Holiday Gathering
4:30–6:30 pm, Trek store, 243 S. Elliott

Trek of Chapel Hill will be holding its “Santa Sleighs Hunger Ride” on Sunday afternoon at 4:30 (part food drive, part bike ride, with all profits benefitting Table).

After that, at 5:30, there will be a Trek Town Hall holiday gathering at the shop (with refreshments!) and with a panel of four local community leaders to learn about all the work they're doing to make our part of the world better with bikes:

Mark Brothers, President, Triangle Off Road Cyclists (TORC)

Heidi Perov Perry, Board member of BikeCarrboro and BikeWalk NC

Shaun King, Board Chair, Bike Durham

Bryan Engle, Head Coach, Hammercross Youth Cycling

Find out more at the tabs below.

santa sleighs hunger graphic

Trek Town Hall Graphic

Happy riding!