Bike4Peace 2015

Rev. Jesse I. Card

Dec 1, 2014, 1:32:55 AM12/1/14
to bike4...@googlegroups.com
It's been 10 years since the inaugural year of Bike4Peace.  3 people set off to do something about the Iraq War.  With a peace cry that they'd rather "Bike for peace than kill for oil!"
Since the Iraq and Afghanistan wars started, there have been over 13,000 US military deaths and over 200,000 documented total deaths.
Many of the same issues face us today.  Climate change is still upon us.  Denial of it is possibly even stronger than ever.
Despite this, US greenhouse gas emissions have dropped nearly 9%.  We've seen the advent of major electric car models, hybrid cars are now ubiquitous.  The number of people biking to work in the US has doubled.

We may not be killing as much for oil, but should we again bike for peace?

ron toppi

Dec 1, 2014, 9:20:06 PM12/1/14
to Rev. Jesse I. Card, Bike4Peace
YES!!

Ron Toppi
bike4peace
"let's change the world one bike at a time!"

ron toppi

Dec 1, 2014, 9:49:11 PM12/1/14
to Mark Nagel, Rev. Jesse I. Card, Bike4Peace
I just want to ride across the country again, man! I know it's all collapsing and that's a good thing, it's a good time to get out there, see it, talk to people about it, document it this time.

On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 6:43 PM, Mark Nagel <mdn...@hotmail.com> wrote:
"US greenhouse gas emissions have dropped nearly 9%.  We've seen the advent of major electric car models, hybrid cars are now ubiquitous.  The number of people biking to work in the US has doubled."

And no mention of the millions added to the ranks of the unemployed...

Fact is, oil consumption WILL drop because people won't have the need because they'll no longer be able to afford the stuff that those driving "hybrids" and electric vehicles (and commuting to status quo jobs) make: most are the same people who voted for Obama.  The coming economic collapse will pretty much snuff this all out.

-mark

Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 18:20:05 -0800
Subject: Re: [B4P] Bike4Peace 2015
From: ronbike...@gmail.com
To: RevJes...@gmail.com
CC: bike4...@googlegroups.com

Mark Nagel

Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 18:20:05 -0800
From: ronbike...@gmail.com
To: RevJes...@gmail.com
CC: bike4...@googlegroups.com

Mark Nagel

Dec 4, 2014, 12:53:45 AM12/4/14
to Ron Toppi, Rev. Jesse I. Card, Bike4Peace
Not sure how receptive people are going to be.  Figure that the U.S.+West is likely to start up a war with Russia+China+[many others].  We're talking the greatest concentration of power in all of human history [U.S.] being backed into a corner.  They [TPTB] will have their propaganda machine in full force, instructing their "keep" (all under the care and feeding of the State) to attack anyone who suggests that They aren't serving in the interest of the "people."

"it's all collapsing and that's a good thing"

I don't judge it one way or the other.  It's going to be what it is.  That which is unsustainable won't be sustained.  As far as  I can tell humans have absolutely NO understanding on how to do the "sustainable" (because it's ALL about "growth").

People are going to go completely nuts.  I won't find any sense of goodness in that...

-mark

Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 18:49:10 -0800

From: ronbike...@gmail.com