Priority Belt Driven 3 - Speed bikes

HQ

Jul 31, 2014, 4:50:06 PM7/31/14
to Vernon Huffman, Vernon Huffman, Yaney MacIver, Bike4Peace

--
 ----------------------------------------------------------+
|    __o     CONTINENTAL CRITICAL MASS
|  _`\;,_               come ride with me
| (*)/ (*)
|                  Bike4Peace Across the USA
-----------------------------------------------------------+

http://claritypress.com/McKinneyII.html
http://www.claritypress.com/McKinney.html
https://www.facebook.com/CynthiaMcKinneyOfficial
http://www.allthingscynthiamckinney.com/CynthiaSpeaks

Silence is the deadliest weapon of mass destruction.

"The Bush family has a political dynasty that the Kennedy family was not allowed to have."
Steve Cokely

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."  Donald Rumsfeld

"We as a nation must undergo a radical revolution of values."  Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

"The biggest weapon in the hands of the oppressors is the minds of the oppressed." Steve Biko

"Make your spirit flexible, and nothing will ever bend you out of shape."  Wisdom by Taro Gold

Vernon Huffman

Jul 31, 2014, 7:48:05 PM7/31/14
to HQ, Vernon Huffman, Yaney MacIver, Bike4Peace
I'm sure there is a market for such a bike, Cynthia, but I'm not in it. The 3 speed Nexus hub is durable, but limited range for heavy loads or steep terrain.  Belt drive is tempting, but I'd need an eight speed hub and a two speed bottom bracket to consider it. That would necessitate disc brakes, like on your bike.

That saddle on an aluminum frame would be comfortable for a few hours each week, but it would kill you at six to eight hours per day. I still prefer the ride of a steel frame and I'm willing to make the extra effort to avoid rust. If I could afford a leather saddle, that would be my choice. I suspect Mr Weiner will succeed, but I won't be buying his product.
| (*)/ (*)                      My Blog
|                  Bike4Peace Across the USA

 - Vernon Huffman
   creator of Change