Changes to the How We Ride

SF Bike Party

Mar 23, 2011, 1:16:12 PM3/23/11
to bike-p...@googlegroups.com

Bike Partiers,

San Francisco Bike Party operates with a How We Ride in order to facilitate a positive experience for everyone on the road.   Our How We Ride is an evolving mantra as we try to accommodate the needs of  our community and our riders.

During our rides we try to maintain a leisurely cruising speed.  Routes are designed for a wide range of riders to keep pace. Though, with hundreds of riders on different types of bikes, some will find hills more challenging, or have flats and mechanical troubles.  Therefore, after comments and suggestions from our participants, we have decided to modify the How We Ride.

We are replacing the “Leave No One Behind” mantra with “Ride Prepared.”

Before the ride, make sure your bicycle is in good working order. You should be comfortable riding San Francisco streets which may have traffic, train tracks, occasional steep hills, and other hazards. Bring friends and make new ones riding at your speed. Within your friends be prepared with a flat kit or to fix basic mechanical troubles. If you see someone in need, it’s good bike etiquette to help. That’s also a great way to make new friends in the biking community. Which is what the Bike Party is all about!

The new How We Ride:

  • Stay in the Right Lane
  • Stop at Red Lights
  • Leave No Trace