Ride With SFBP: Volunteer Opportunities!

1 view

SF Bike Party

Mar 17, 2011, 6:17:13 PM3/17/11
to SF Bike Party
Hi Bike Partiers!

We hope this note finds you well and in good spirits. SF Bike Party would like to extend an invitation for you to join us on our upcoming test ride:

Test Ride
Tuesday, 3/22*

*Rain date-Thursday 3/24 7:00pm

Meeting location:
Civic Center | Larkin Street - between Grove & McAllister |
[The big empty space where the 3-headed, 6-armed Buddha used to be located]

Meeting time: 7:00 p.m.

Ride length & duration: Approximately 13 miles (+/- 2 miles); approximately 2 hours (+/- 20 mins).

What is a test ride?

This test ride is to familiarize as many volunteers as possible with the route before formally publishing it to the SFBP community. This ride is open to anyone. If you wish to volunteer for April's Bike Party, please let us know (test ride night) so we can plan accordingly based on the number of volunteer interest. If you can't help with April's Bike Party, no worries! There will be plenty of opportunities on future Bike Parties.

What should you expect during a test ride?

During the test ride, please think about what section of the ride you would feel most comfortable riding with (front, middle, back).  Also feel free to take ownership of sections/turns you are passionate about. i.e. "I would like to be a turn guide/monitor for right turn on Market & Octavia.". We encourage and will do our best to accommodate those requests.

Come by yourself or with a friend or two.
Come to volunteer or to find out more about what this volunteer thing is all about.
Let's do this together to make Bike Party as fun and safe as possible for cyclists and non-cyclists alike!

Sincerely,

San Francisco Bike Party
1st Friday of the month.