Cannot load gzipped files

Charles Bernard

Apr 10, 2012, 12:47:20 PM4/10/12
to bigquery...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Has anyone ever succeed to load a gzipped file using the bq shell command 'load' (bq load mytable mycsvfile.gz)?

Each time I try I got this error:

Unexpected exception in load operation: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0x8b in position 390: ordinal not in
range(128)

Seems like it's a python error.

Any clue?

Thanks,

Charles

Craig Citro

Apr 10, 2012, 12:59:04 PM4/10/12
to bigquery...@googlegroups.com
Hi Charles,

I just ran into this error last week; I've got a fix that I'm planning to push out (as part of a new version of the CLI) some time this week.

Thanks!
--

-cc

Charles Bernard

Apr 10, 2012, 4:30:12 PM4/10/12
to bigquery...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Craig. I'll wait for your patch then.

Regards,

Charles

Charles Bernard

Apr 20, 2012, 4:45:42 AM4/20/12
to bigquery...@googlegroups.com
Hi Craig,

When do you think you'll be able to push your fix? It'd be really helping as I need to upload a couple hundred GB. If that fix is not coming soon could you recommend me an alternative solution please?

Thanks a lot,

Charles

Michael Sheldon

Apr 20, 2012, 4:25:10 PM4/20/12
to bigquery...@googlegroups.com
Hi Charles,

I'm handling the update this time. There's a good chance I'll get it pushed today, but this is my first time updating the git repository and I don't know what problems I'll run in to. I'll send an announcement when it's ready!

Cheers,

--Michael Sheldon

Charles Bernard

Apr 24, 2012, 11:08:29 AM4/24/12