BigDL-LLM cannot be installed in Mac that use Xeon

Snow West

Oct 11, 2023, 5:33:13 PM10/11/23
to User Group for BigDL
Hi,
     When I tried to install BigDL-LLM. I got the following errors on MacPro which use Xeon W CPU. What could be the issue?

(py3-venv)  [~/Work/LLM] pip install --pre --upgrade bigdl-llm[all]
Looking in indexes: https://pypi.python.org/simple, https://pypi.apple.com/simple
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement bigdl-llm[all] (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for bigdl-llm[all]

Thanks

huangka...@gmail.com

Oct 12, 2023, 12:13:45 AM10/12/23
to User Group for BigDL
Hi,

Sorry that bigdl-llm is currently not released for macos. If possible, you can try windows or linux alternatively.

Thanks,
Kai

Snow West

Oct 12, 2023, 2:20:00 PM10/12/23
to User Group for BigDL
Thanks for the information!

Are there any plan to support MacOS in the near future?

Best,
Snow

huangka...@gmail.com

Oct 13, 2023, 2:53:37 AM10/13/23
to User Group for BigDL
Hi Snow,

Sorry that MacOS support is currently not in our work scope. You are highly recommended to use Linux or Windows instead.

Thanks,
Kai

glor...@gmail.com

Oct 25, 2023, 8:45:52 PM10/25/23