How to Migrate Couchdb Database to Bigcouch

John S

Jan 5, 2015, 4:23:56 PM1/5/15
to bigcou...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

There is couchdb standalone server with 2 databases, let me know how can it be migrated to bigcouch cluster.

I was thinking if i can take a backup of current database using curl and import to the new Bigcouch Cluster. dont know if this works out, how the shards going to behave during this?

Let me know if anyone had tried a migration of couchdb to Bigcouch Cluster, if so let me know the details.

Thanks for any pointers and help.

Regards
John
Message has been deleted

Ashwin

Jul 1, 2015, 7:11:47 AM7/1/15
to bigcou...@googlegroups.com

hey jhon  if you want to migrate couchdb to bigcouch so you should install bigcouch follow below link :-
https://2600hz.atlassian.net/wiki/display/Dedicated/Step+3+-+Install+BigCouch

And if you want to use your existing couchdb database with bigcouch so you should export couchdb database into bigcouch database using this command:

curl -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -X POST http://localhost:5984/_replicate -d ' {"source": "http://example.com:5984/dbname/", "target": "http://localhost@:5984/dbname/"}'

Regards
Ashwin

Regards