Migrate bigcouch database from one cluster to another

Sangram Rath

Sep 18, 2015, 6:02:46 AM9/18/15
to BigCouch Users
We are using bigcouch for kazoo. We have a requirement for moving database from our old cluster to new cluster and looking for correct steps to avoid any issues.
Is a copy paste of /srv/db folder enough?
Does it need to be done on all servers in the cluster?

It would be great to also know how to scale the cluster by adding new nodes. Is just adding a new node on one of the cluster servers (PUT command) enough? Will data be automatically replicated to new nodes?

Version: 1.1.1
bigcouch: 0.4.2

Jed Stafford

Sep 29, 2015, 10:12:16 PM9/29/15
to BigCouch Users
These forums are not the most active these days.

We also use Kazoo with BigCouch. The are community scripts in the kazoo repository to assist you copy between clusters.

If you add a new node it will not rebalance existing databases and shards, only new databases created after you add the node. You would need to write your own tools to assist you. I've not found any out in the wild when I've looked myself.

Sangram Rath

Oct 7, 2015, 3:21:42 AM10/7/15
to BigCouch Users
Thanks Jed.