Feature request: Kick/Eject user

Crawford Rainwater

Jan 20, 2011, 10:17:53 AM1/20/11
to bigbluebutton-users
I know there is a way to "kick" or "eject" a user from the Listeners
panel. Is there a way to do such from the Users panel for a meeting
moderator? If not, how easy would this be to incorporate into BBB?

Thanks in advance.

--- Crawford

The Linux ETC Company
10121 Yates Court
Westminster, CO 80031 USA
voice: +1.303.604.2550
web:http://www.linux-etc.com

Fred Dixon

Jan 20, 2011, 11:02:28 AM1/20/11
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Crawford,

The ability for a moderator to kick a user from the listeners panel is
already in BigBlueButton. Try it on the demo server

http://demo.bigbluebutton.org/

and join the voice conference. Move the mouse over your name in the
listener's panel and click the red [x] next to your name. You'll
eject yourself from the session.

Only moderators can eject other listeners.

Regards,... Fred

Denis Zgonjanin

Jan 20, 2011, 11:05:34 AM1/20/11
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Yes, you can kick users too, it's just not enabled by default. See: http://code.google.com/p/bigbluebutton/wiki/ClientConfiguration

Crawford Rainwater

Jan 20, 2011, 11:29:18 AM1/20/11
to bigbluebutton-users
Denis:

Thanks, that is what I was wondering.

On a side note, is there a list of features that are disabled
initially by default available to review or would one have to go
through the various configuration files one by one to determine such?

--- Crawford

On Jan 20, 9:05 am, Denis Zgonjanin <deniszgonja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, you can kick users too, it's just not enabled by default. See:http://code.google.com/p/bigbluebutton/wiki/ClientConfiguration
>
> > bigbluebutton-u...@googlegroups.com<bigbluebutton-users%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> > .
> > > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/bigbluebutton-users?hl=en.
>
> > --
> > .

Denis Zgonjanin

Jan 20, 2011, 11:47:31 AM1/20/11
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Just go through the page I sent you. All the optional features are outlined there. The default enabled features change from version to version.